Hydraulic leak on hose from hydrostatic pump to filter.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Underwoodjd

I have a 773 SN509645410 that has a hydraulic leak. The hose from the hydrostatic pump to filter (part # 6704159) has rubbed against the fitting off the back of the gear pump. Looking for comments about replacing this hose myself. This machine is for home/farm use and not making any money with it so I don't want to spend a lot on it. The filter fitting is easy to access the other fitting is blind. I can feel it from under the cab and can see it using a mirror beside the engine, but not much room to move a wrench. I have searched the service manual and found little specific to this. Looking for guidance and advice to fix and prevent this in the future. I have searched the forums for related posts and could not find any. Thanks, John

Tazza

Staff member
Take the hose off and cap it off take to your local hydro shop to make the line
Access is not always easy, but get it out and take it to a hydraulic shop to copy.
I have found that if it was rubbing, you can twist the hose a little to get it away from touching things, the other way is to cable tie rubber to the hose to rub instead of the hose its self.
A new hose won't be too nasty, under $100, cheaper if you know the right people :)

773C series

I have a 773 SN509645410 that has a hydraulic leak. The hose from the hydrostatic pump to filter (part # 6704159) has rubbed against the fitting off the back of the gear pump. Looking for comments about replacing this hose myself. This machine is for home/farm use and not making any money with it so I don't want to spend a lot on it. The filter fitting is easy to access the other fitting is blind. I can feel it from under the cab and can see it using a mirror beside the engine, but not much room to move a wrench. I have searched the service manual and found little specific to this. Looking for guidance and advice to fix and prevent this in the future. I have searched the forums for related posts and could not find any. Thanks, John
Hi John,

I'm assuming you eventually got this hose out. If so how did you do it. I have the same hose that has split. What the trick?

Thanks Matt

Jyuma1

If the skid steer is only for home/farm use and not a production machine used every day... there may be a field hose repair option for you.
First and foremost is the location of the leak in the hose. You must be able to reach the leak area with hands and tools.
Next is the type of hose. You must identify the hose as to size and type (yes, there are more than one).
Next you must locate the appropriate field attachable hose fittings. Take a look here... https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/field-attachable-reusable-hose-fittings.html
Decide if you want to simply cut-out the leak in the hose or possibly replace the length hose from the leak location to the hydro filter.
Use a cut-off wheel to cut the hose at the leak and install the appropriate field attachable hose fitting.
Install the appropriate field attachable hose fitting to the length of hose from the leak to the hydro filter (watch some videos on how to install field attachable fittings... it's not difficult).

I replaced all the hydraulic hoses on my backhoe using field attachable hose fittings and they work fine.
Here's a picture of what they look like.
Hope this helps.
BackhoeHydraulicLines.jpg

773C series

Well I got it. It took a striking wrench https://www.ebay.com/itm/273873289042 I cut a notch in a metal bar to fit the wrench handle and hit the end of the bar with a 3 pound hammer. After soaking it the fitting heavily with Kroil. After 2 weeks on and off fighting that one fitting its awesome to finally have it done. Now just to button up refill the hydraulics and get back to work.