Hydraulic control valve rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alexvbugman

Anyone getting the seals for the hydraulic valve elsewhere other than Bobcat Parts? Bobcat wants $130 for the kit.

OldMachinist

The kit has more stuff than you'll need, it covers several different valves. Get the parts diagram for your valve and just order the individual items. Also a good hydraulic shop should able to supply the parts.

Bobcatdan

The kit has more stuff than you'll need, it covers several different valves. Get the parts diagram for your valve and just order the individual items. Also a good hydraulic shop should able to supply the parts.
Depending on what machine you have which would be nice to know, the spool seal kits that end 205, I forget the first part of number is all you need. You need two kits. When resealing a control vavle, all you need to do is the lift and tilt spools. Aux never leaks. Everything else can be pieced out if needed say a fitting is leaking. Also, I never pull the vavle out, I reseal them in the machine.

6brnorma

Depending on what machine you have which would be nice to know, the spool seal kits that end 205, I forget the first part of number is all you need. You need two kits. When resealing a control vavle, all you need to do is the lift and tilt spools. Aux never leaks. Everything else can be pieced out if needed say a fitting is leaking. Also, I never pull the vavle out, I reseal them in the machine.
Is the design of the 600 series valves different from the newer ones?

Tazza

Staff member
It's an older 631, I'm not cheap by no means just can't justify $130 for a handful of orings. Thanks for the replies.
I got the seals for my 743 from my local seal shop, it only had Orings and quad rings. The seal kits as mentioned, have a lot of extras to cover multiple machines.

mmsllc

I think I have your 631. same exact problems did you have any luck fixing the drive motor? any tips on reinstalling the detent spring/ball on the two spools?
Those little detent balls are a frigging nightmare to put back in place. Truth be told, you don't have to remove all that stuff to reseal the valve spools. I would safe be extremely patient & work under a bright light.

abemichaud

Those little detent balls are a frigging nightmare to put back in place. Truth be told, you don't have to remove all that stuff to reseal the valve spools. I would safe be extremely patient & work under a bright light.
Detent spring/ball was a nightmare until my pea sized brain figured out a work around. With the control valve out on the bench assembled without the spring/balls in place, use a clamp to compress the spool to detent position insert ball and spring into the hollowed out bolt using assembly lube. With the unit on its side simply insert the retainer in the cap on both sides and tighten to 6 ft/lb Released the spool from clamp and it held in detent position. Manually pulled and pushed the spool and working just fine. Waiting for delivery on my new 109-1052-006 from Char-Lynn Eaton distributer to replace the 109-1052-004 motor that was completely wore out. When my 631 is back in service i will post results of my handy work to repair this machine. Especially the detent spring/ball. At this point my only concern is the motor shafts. My old 109-1052-004 has the tapering shaft and the only difference from what i can see on the eaton website parts and assembly pdf. Is that the 004 (obsolete) is tapered and the 006 (available and exactly the same spec. As the 004) has a splin shaft. $2200-CAD delivered for one motor. I hope it comes with the tapering chaft. Wish me luck