Hydralic oil tempature 1986 1050 scattrak.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daddygoose

Just built my brushcutter for my SS. and wandering whats the maximum tempature for hydraulic oil. my machine has the warning light but i dont trust it. Ill install a new sending unit and gauge but need to know the range im looking for first. The motor is running higher then normal but i plan of fixing that with a new radiator and thermostat . It has the origainal radiator.

OldMachinist

120-140F is the nomal recomended operating temp. Above 180F seals fail, 200F and above the oil starts to break down.

OP
OP
D

daddygoose

120-140F is the nomal recomended operating temp. Above 180F seals fail, 200F and above the oil starts to break down.
Ok now How about the engine temp. when ive got the brush cutter going my temp climbs up to 230 240 degrees F. im thinking this is way too hot. it has the original radiator and looks like its never been taking off and rodded out. whats the normal operating temp i should be looking for. Its a 32 hp 3 cylinder kubota diesal.

OldMachinist

Ok now How about the engine temp. when ive got the brush cutter going my temp climbs up to 230 240 degrees F. im thinking this is way too hot. it has the original radiator and looks like its never been taking off and rodded out. whats the normal operating temp i should be looking for. Its a 32 hp 3 cylinder kubota diesal.
Around 180F is the normal operating temp for a diesel engine. The newer enginges with emission controls run a little hotter. Your temps are getting close to boiling the coolant depending on mixture and cap pressure. The boiling point 265F with a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze with a 15 lb cap.

OP
OP
D

daddygoose

Around 180F is the normal operating temp for a diesel engine. The newer enginges with emission controls run a little hotter. Your temps are getting close to boiling the coolant depending on mixture and cap pressure. The boiling point 265F with a 50/50 mix of water and antifreeze with a 15 lb cap.
Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a service manual for a Kubota D1402B3 engine. Ive pulled the radiator off so i can have it rodded out. The previous owner has taken the thermostate out so, i plan on replacing that. Once i get the rebuilt radiator and thermostate installed i guess the next step would be the water pump if the temp dosent come down. Am i on the right track or did i make a wrong turn somewhere.

Tazza

Staff member
Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a service manual for a Kubota D1402B3 engine. Ive pulled the radiator off so i can have it rodded out. The previous owner has taken the thermostate out so, i plan on replacing that. Once i get the rebuilt radiator and thermostate installed i guess the next step would be the water pump if the temp dosent come down. Am i on the right track or did i make a wrong turn somewhere.
What details do you need? pretty sure i have a manual on that engine at home

OP
OP
D

daddygoose

What details do you need? pretty sure i have a manual on that engine at home
im trying to find out what the ideal operating temp is. im buying a new radiator to try and bring it down. my oil is getting too hot and im loosing oil pressure. i running a brush cutter which i think is more of a load then its use to seeing .

Tazza

Staff member
im trying to find out what the ideal operating temp is. im buying a new radiator to try and bring it down. my oil is getting too hot and im loosing oil pressure. i running a brush cutter which i think is more of a load then its use to seeing .
I was pretty sure the thermostat that i run is 195F..... So the 90 degrees C mark.
If your oil temperature is getting high, it would have to be the oil cooler not the engine radiator? I assume the fan is blowing enough air? Have you run it and checked the temperature of the oil cooler? If its still cool, it may be how the hydraulics are plumbed.
I wonder if its an issue with how the return oil is diverted..... Its possible that the hot oil is going back through the pump and being heated over and over and not going through the cooler. I don't know how the hydraulic system is plumbed, but its a possible cause.

OP
OP
D

daddygoose

I was pretty sure the thermostat that i run is 195F..... So the 90 degrees C mark.
If your oil temperature is getting high, it would have to be the oil cooler not the engine radiator? I assume the fan is blowing enough air? Have you run it and checked the temperature of the oil cooler? If its still cool, it may be how the hydraulics are plumbed.
I wonder if its an issue with how the return oil is diverted..... Its possible that the hot oil is going back through the pump and being heated over and over and not going through the cooler. I don't know how the hydraulic system is plumbed, but its a possible cause.
my bad My hydralic oil is getting hot also, but the engine oil is the one I'm worrried about. As the motor gets hotter my oil pressure on the motor falls off. when i start the unit up from cold i have good pressure. as the motors temp get around 230-240 i start loosing oil pressure. i have realized my hydraulic cooler is in bad need of being cleaned. It sits infront of the radiator.

Tazza

Staff member
my bad My hydralic oil is getting hot also, but the engine oil is the one I'm worrried about. As the motor gets hotter my oil pressure on the motor falls off. when i start the unit up from cold i have good pressure. as the motors temp get around 230-240 i start loosing oil pressure. i have realized my hydraulic cooler is in bad need of being cleaned. It sits infront of the radiator.
You mention that the cooler is in need of a clean, could the restriction be causing the radiator to heat up too?

OP
OP
D

daddygoose

You mention that the cooler is in need of a clean, could the restriction be causing the radiator to heat up too?
yes the radiator was dirty , ive pulled it off and several fins are damaged. so ive ordered an aluminum one from ebay with an electric fan im going to try. The new one is a double row instead of single and a little larger than the original but still fits. My hydraulic cooler is still attached to the door and i plan on taking it off this weekend and cleaning the fins on it. I do have to say last time i used the little guy it was 103 degrees F outside. so that didnt help.

Latest posts