Hydra mac 20c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HydraMac20c

Hi all im new to this forum and i have some questions about my hydra mac 20c isuzu diesel. My main concern about it is the nuetral safety lock was removed at some point, thus it tries to move when you start it. Kinda scary and makes it hard to start. I know finding one of these is probably close to impossible but id figured id ask. Also is there anywhere i can get replacement parts?

Tazza

Staff member
come on guys i know theres someone who has experience with these old macs. any input is appreciated
Seriously? one day? give people some time. I know i don't get to look over the forum every day. Aslo, your machine is pretty rare, i could count the number of forum members that own one of these machines on one hand.
As for moving, your neutral adjustment is obviously out. I can start my machines without the brake on and they won't budge because its correctly set. If you get yours so with the wheels up in the air and you let go of the steering levers that the tyres don't move, you won't have any scary starts.

OP
OP
H

HydraMac20c

Seriously? one day? give people some time. I know i don't get to look over the forum every day. Aslo, your machine is pretty rare, i could count the number of forum members that own one of these machines on one hand.
As for moving, your neutral adjustment is obviously out. I can start my machines without the brake on and they won't budge because its correctly set. If you get yours so with the wheels up in the air and you let go of the steering levers that the tyres don't move, you won't have any scary starts.
sorry about the rush, i know there rare. But its a beast of a machine and id like to get it in proper working order. I noticed while its cranking over it moves the handle to the left making it turn left, and also if you park it while running it wants to creep. how hard is this linkage to adjust?

tnt6060

sorry about the rush, i know there rare. But its a beast of a machine and id like to get it in proper working order. I noticed while its cranking over it moves the handle to the left making it turn left, and also if you park it while running it wants to creep. how hard is this linkage to adjust?
Hi I have one of those old units 14-c. I have had very good luck with these folks. Hackert sales & service Inc 12864 Hwy.F-62 E. Sully,Iowa 50251 Ph. 641-594-3777 The linkage is an easy adjustment take the metal panel off that the seat sits on & the linkage is right there if you dont have a manual I could make you a copy & send it to you.

OP
OP
H

HydraMac20c

Hi I have one of those old units 14-c. I have had very good luck with these folks. Hackert sales & service Inc 12864 Hwy.F-62 E. Sully,Iowa 50251 Ph. 641-594-3777 The linkage is an easy adjustment take the metal panel off that the seat sits on & the linkage is right there if you dont have a manual I could make you a copy & send it to you.
i do have the owners manual and operating manual. yeah i found there website ill have to give them a call. it really needs adjusted due to it moving while starting. i also dont have the nuetral safety switch on mine but i think if i adjust the driver levers it wont move.

Tazza

Staff member
i do have the owners manual and operating manual. yeah i found there website ill have to give them a call. it really needs adjusted due to it moving while starting. i also dont have the nuetral safety switch on mine but i think if i adjust the driver levers it wont move.
If you can get it set to neutral it shouldn't try and get away from you at startup or shut down. Some machines can be a pain to get just right, yours sounds like its a quite a bit out though, a slight creep is common and can be managed. A lot of movement as you know, can be frustrating and dangerous.
Good luck with the adjustment.

OP
OP
H

HydraMac20c

If you can get it set to neutral it shouldn't try and get away from you at startup or shut down. Some machines can be a pain to get just right, yours sounds like its a quite a bit out though, a slight creep is common and can be managed. A lot of movement as you know, can be frustrating and dangerous.
Good luck with the adjustment.
yes it is. it was a machine used at my dads work and he said the controls use to be tight. then some guy messed with them and it was the never the same. Ill adjust the linkage this weekend and let you know how it went.

yes it is. it was a machine used at my dads work and he said the controls use to be tight. then some guy messed with them and it was the never the same. Ill adjust the linkage this weekend and let you know how it went.
I have a 20c with a ford diesel. the lock out only works when you are out of the seat. as soon as you sit down the lever unlocks the machine. if you move the lever it will creep the machine Just start it with your hand on the lever, and adjust it if you feel it dragging the starter. No big deal to me..

joewaggoner

I just bought a 20C. I can't get it to start; just creeps around making the battery cables hot. Did you have luck adjusting your linkage?