Hyd cylinder wrench--needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Going to put new seal's in a cylinder on my 709 backhoe attachment sometime this winter. I can use a pipe wrench or I can make the tool. Just checking to see if anyone has one laying around. It's a rainy day here in KY. dennis

Tazza

Staff member
You should really make the tool if you can, a pipe wrench really damages the outside of the gland nut. It won't stop it working, it just looks ugly.
I was going to make a universal one but like many other projects, i never got around to it.

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

You should really make the tool if you can, a pipe wrench really damages the outside of the gland nut. It won't stop it working, it just looks ugly.
I was going to make a universal one but like many other projects, i never got around to it.
I'm going to make one, my cuz has a machine shop. If you go to Tractor Buy Net and see Pat's easy change system for tractor hitches that's him. I was just throwing the post out to see if one was under someone's wrk bench gathering dust. It's just a small seep now, I like to stay ahead of the repair's if I can. thank's for the reply. dennis

goodtech

I'm going to make one, my cuz has a machine shop. If you go to Tractor Buy Net and see Pat's easy change system for tractor hitches that's him. I was just throwing the post out to see if one was under someone's wrk bench gathering dust. It's just a small seep now, I like to stay ahead of the repair's if I can. thank's for the reply. dennis
the amount of time that it is going to take you to try to build the tool you can get them off of any snap-on, mac or cornwell truck. Most of them are pretty cheap, under 50 dollars, tell you start getting in the pinned ones and they can run up to $200. with that type when I couldn't afford those tools I use to use drill bits and a big pry bar. I do no recommend a pipe wrench, I even hate using chain wrenches but some people try to get them apart themselves before they send it to the shop and then that is what I have to use a chain wrench

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

the amount of time that it is going to take you to try to build the tool you can get them off of any snap-on, mac or cornwell truck. Most of them are pretty cheap, under 50 dollars, tell you start getting in the pinned ones and they can run up to $200. with that type when I couldn't afford those tools I use to use drill bits and a big pry bar. I do no recommend a pipe wrench, I even hate using chain wrenches but some people try to get them apart themselves before they send it to the shop and then that is what I have to use a chain wrench
Thanks for the reply. I took a big pair of channel locks & drill holes in each side. Put pins in the holes and beleive it or not----it worked.