Hyd. bobattach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rumrunner

On my S185 two speed machine, when the hydraulics are not engaged and I move the left foot pedal it seems to cause the hydraulic wedges to engage or disengage! What is the connection? Also, with the hydraulics engaged, if I hold the wedge switch up or down and move the foot pedal I can cause the wedges to engage or disengage at a faster rate. Is there some sort of bypass valve that allows this to happen?

Bobcatdan

I was experimenting with it a little more today, left or right pedal gets the same reaction.
The wedges are designed to always be trying to close when using the hydraulics. The way it is plumbed, when there is a raise in hydraulic pressure, oil is metered to the cylinder to keep forcing it closed. They shouldn't ever self raise. If the wedge are a little stiff, I dead head the aux to boost presure to the bobtach. Under normal operation, it only has a bout 300 psi to it. I often when hooking up to something, drive in and snag it and then drive away, heeling the bucket aganist relief to lock the wedges without using the botton.