How to drain hydraulic fluid 753G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Underachiever

I'm planning to change the hydraulic fluid in my 753G. The service manual shows the reservoir holding 3.5 gallons and the total system as holding 6 gallons. The procedure in the manual says to pump out what's in the reservoir. That will leave 2.5 gallons in the system. Is there something else that should be done to get the remaining fluid or should I just pump out what's in the reservoir, refill and call it good? Thanks.

brdgbldr

I'm planning to change the hydraulic fluid in my 753G. The service manual shows the reservoir holding 3.5 gallons and the total system as holding 6 gallons. The procedure in the manual says to pump out what's in the reservoir. That will leave 2.5 gallons in the system. Is there something else that should be done to get the remaining fluid or should I just pump out what's in the reservoir, refill and call it good? Thanks.
Unless there is an issue. Just change the oil in the reservoir.

Don't forget to change out all the filters including the brass filters in the hydrostatic system if they are due for maintenance.

The only way to get the rest of the fluid out is to disconnect the hoses and cycle the cylinders. As long as you do the scheduled maintenance, you should never need to remove all of the fluid at one time.