How to access A300 Steering Cylinder?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

conc2steel

Does anyone know how to access the steering cylinder on an A300? One of my cylinders has a horrible leak; while I know how to replace cylinder seals, I can't figure out how to get to the steering cylinders.

Buck2A

Hello, I realize that this is an old thread but I am looking for the same information. Did you have any luck with yours? I have a 2009 A300 bobcat

brdgbldr

Hello, I realize that this is an old thread but I am looking for the same information. Did you have any luck with yours? I have a 2009 A300 bobcat
I assume you are mainly talking about the front cylinders but all of them are not fun.

I rebuilt my steering cylinders and replaced all of the pins and bushings on my 2005 A300 a couple of years ago.

The biggest problem is that you can only get small turns of the wrench because of the tight spaces. I suggest the Tekton angle head wrenches or modifying your own. Take a look at the video on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q899FM...4OEKTQVUV&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I also ended up using a sink basin wrench for the front cylinder hoses that were accessed from the cover plates that are under your feet as you sit in the machine.

You can't have huge forearms when accessing the hoses and interior bolts. You will need to remove the tire and the pin on the tire side so you can get access through the hole the cylinder rod comes out of. Be careful around the wires for the steering sensor.

Also, depending on how often the interior cylinder pins got greases and how worn they are, you may have trouble removing them. I got "lucky" and only had one stuck pin that took me several days to get removed.

Hope this helps.