How much is my Wisconsin VH4D worth?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GlennsM444

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how much this engine is worth. This engine came with an old Melroe M600 I bought a couple of years back. It is pretty ugly cosmetically and has not run in years. I plan to strip it, repaint it, rebuild the carburetor and replace all of the ignition parts. It turns over freely. I don't believe I will keep it, as I have had better luck with modern electronic ignition engines in my old skid steers. Can anyone tell me how much this engine would be worth in decent running condition?  photo IMG_4963_zpsegokpyov.jpg  photo IMG_4962_zpsqn6pmypy.jpg  photo IMG_4966_zpsgeimalqg.jpg  photo IMG_4965_zpsqy9xyykh.jpg

Tazza

Staff member
Personally, i wouldn't do to the trouble of working on it with the hopes to sell it as a runner, i'd sell it as "good" parts for a project. The shaft on this engine is straight, i thought for a bobcat, they were tapered. Knowing our luck, if you get it going, the shaft won't be what the buyer is looking for.
With that said, that engine is not just for a bobcat, there was a lot of older gear that ran that motor, it was vell built.

6brnorma

Personally, i wouldn't do to the trouble of working on it with the hopes to sell it as a runner, i'd sell it as "good" parts for a project. The shaft on this engine is straight, i thought for a bobcat, they were tapered. Knowing our luck, if you get it going, the shaft won't be what the buyer is looking for.
With that said, that engine is not just for a bobcat, there was a lot of older gear that ran that motor, it was vell built.
Glenn……this engine was never in a Bobcat. It has the straight shaft as Tazza mentioned…..also no output shaft for the hydraulic pump, wrong crank gear, wrong dist. shaft gear and wrong idler gear. I bought two engines identical to this one at an auction about a month ago for $20.00 each. If you break it down and clean key parts and sell them individually, you could get upwards of a couple thousand for it. (Provided the major parts are in usable shape)