Hose Replacment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hilltopdude

I have a 1994 753. The hose on the Right side of the machine as you look at it from the rear, that goes up thru the arm is leaking.. Is there any trick to getting this hose off. I have tried for two days(I am no mechanic) to get a wrench on the fitting, with no luck.. I know this is old hat to you all, I just cant wrap my head around how difficult it is to get to the hose inside the frame. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Some are really tight.... I have needed two spanners and two lengths of pipe for leverage to crack it.
Aany issues with access? the coolant bottle and bracket can be removed to get in there better, i assume you are trying to get one of the lower ones in the engine bay.

OP
OP
H

hilltopdude

Some are really tight.... I have needed two spanners and two lengths of pipe for leverage to crack it.
Aany issues with access? the coolant bottle and bracket can be removed to get in there better, i assume you are trying to get one of the lower ones in the engine bay.
Really thankful for your reply. I did get the coolant bottle out and the hose replaced.. found another leak in the hose that goes from the hydraulic filter to the big pump. got the end off the filter housing, and am still trying to figure out how to get to the other end of the hose. the hose is connectd to the back of the hydraulic pump... looks like i might have to take some of the brackets off the top of the pump..

Tazza

Staff member
Really thankful for your reply. I did get the coolant bottle out and the hose replaced.. found another leak in the hose that goes from the hydraulic filter to the big pump. got the end off the filter housing, and am still trying to figure out how to get to the other end of the hose. the hose is connectd to the back of the hydraulic pump... looks like i might have to take some of the brackets off the top of the pump..
Sadly space is not your friend on most repairs on these machines, but you will be happy when it's all done though.

farmshop

Sadly space is not your friend on most repairs on these machines, but you will be happy when it's all done though.
I have got crow foot wrenches and a drawer of wrenches cut and bent for fixing bobcats

SkidRoe

I have got crow foot wrenches and a drawer of wrenches cut and bent for fixing bobcats
I had the hoses go bad that feed my bucket cylinder last year. Because the hard lines extend up the right frame tower, the only way they could be changed was to pull the engine/pump group. Needless to say, I did not do that.
I cut the lines at a straight section below the tower, in 2 staggered locations. I then used hydraulic compression unions to connect the lines back together after the new hoses were installed.
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
I had the hoses go bad that feed my bucket cylinder last year. Because the hard lines extend up the right frame tower, the only way they could be changed was to pull the engine/pump group. Needless to say, I did not do that.
I cut the lines at a straight section below the tower, in 2 staggered locations. I then used hydraulic compression unions to connect the lines back together after the new hoses were installed.
Cheers - SR
I have never used hydraulic compression fittings, how have they held up? What sort of pressures can they handle?

SkidRoe

Tazza

Staff member
They work great. The ones that I used were Aeroquip Versil Flares, and actually swage on a 37 deg flare seat, so they work with a standard JIC union. I think my buddy said they would work on systems up to 5000 psi with no issues.
Random Link:
http://hosewarehouse.com/Hydraulic-Aeroquip-Adapters/Hydraulic-Aeroquip-Adapters-Aeroquip-Versil-Flare-Flare-and-Flareless
Nice, it's good to know there are more options than welding a fitting the a tube line if it was to fail.