HL 2500 Bucket hydraulic issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LoneWolf78

So I've been having issues with the tipping function of the controls. The bucket would slowley tip down, and with more weight it would tip faster. I'm guessing the oil is bypassing in the contron somewhere. Yesterday it just quit staying up. I haven't dug into it yet, I thought i would see if someone would be able to suggest an adjustment of if I should just pull it and consider it a major issue. I appreciate any knowledge shared. Thanx

foton

as a rule it is the cylinders not the controls bypassing, if any are leaking to the outside look at that one first.

OP
OP
L

LoneWolf78

I went out and look at the (2) cylinders that operate the tip, I don't see any obvious leaks on the outside. I raised the bucket up so i could see the cylinders. What I did notice is the cylinders appear to be welded on bothe ends. I would guess I need to cut an end off to get to the inside for rebuilding. So now I need to find out which cylinder is bad?

koko

I went out and look at the (2) cylinders that operate the tip, I don't see any obvious leaks on the outside. I raised the bucket up so i could see the cylinders. What I did notice is the cylinders appear to be welded on bothe ends. I would guess I need to cut an end off to get to the inside for rebuilding. So now I need to find out which cylinder is bad?
Those cylinders can leak/bypass inside without leaking outside. Do not try to decide which one is leaking, rebuild both as they both have done the same amount of work.

OP
OP
L

LoneWolf78

I agree, I will do both and be done with it.
I have the cylinders off, does anyone know of a good way of getting the top cap off with out it? Also anyone know how to find out what rebuild kit I need?

foton

do not go cutting a end off once you get the cap off the nut is inside at the packing . some use a large wrench to remove some you need a spanner to take off end cap. they usually all are a PITA sometimes a good amount of heat is needed also.

koko

do not go cutting a end off once you get the cap off the nut is inside at the packing . some use a large wrench to remove some you need a spanner to take off end cap. they usually all are a PITA sometimes a good amount of heat is needed also.
The OP stated that the cylinders were welded on both ends so this will definitely state that one end will be needed to be cut.

OP
OP
L

LoneWolf78

Once I got them cleaned up I could see a wire clip holding it together. Before clean up, it looked to be a weld. Just one of those deceptions.
Now it's a matter of finding o-rings and backers.