Hi-Flow Hydraulic upgrade

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

conc2steel

I have a Bobcat 853 w/o hi-flow hydraulics and am curious if it's possible to add hi-flow to the Bobcat... if so is it easy to accomplish?

skidsteer.ca

I just did this to my ls 160, but its quite a bit of work. If you buy all the parts from bobcat the price would floor you I'm sure.
You need to get a 2 section hydraulic pump to replace the pump you have. Then you need a valve to combine the flow of the second pump with the first for when you want high flow and return it to the reservoir when you don't want the extra flow. You may need to run larger lines from the control valve out to the quick couplers. They would need to be 3./4"
Although New Holland used the same hyd valve and oil cooler you would want to check with Bobcat to see it they have a higher flow main valve and a larger oil cooler. Especially if you live in a warm climate.
On New Holland the additional flow goes into the main hyd valve through a extra port between the 2nd and 3rd sections. This way the lift and tilt valves only seen the flow from the first pump section regardless of weather high flow was on or not.
The volume to the 3rd "Auxilary" section could be set as low flow or high flow depending on the combining valve.
A copy of the parts book for a high flow machine or the literature from the high flow kit for a 853 would be vary helpful. As they may well do somethings different then NH.
Ken