Help with trencher spacer kit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MHinton

Hi. I have a new MT100. I bought a LT113 4" trencher to go w it. I have bought the Bobcat kit spacer 6 705 532. This widens the trencher to 6". For the love of god there is no instructions no a single resource online I can find as to how it goes. There are 6 1 1/2" spacers and 12 small spacers that when you combine 4 equals one inch. There are not enough long bolts to use all 6 large spacers to the outside. So I assume a progression. Does anyone know how this should be installed. The 6 1 1/2 spacers also fit perfectly in the center of trench chain. Please help ????

flyerdan

Without knowing anything about this other than the mathematics and the contents of the kit, one would assume that to increase the width 2" you would need 1 1.5" spacer with a .250" spacer on each side of it. That would account for all of the spacers, and it would be logical to conclude that there are six attaching points that determine the width.
Not knowing what bolts were included, there should be some that are suitable for the proper configuration, if not a quick trip to Fastenall (or your local bolt monger) should sort it.
I haven't looked at any diagrams; this is all off the top of my head, mind.

After having a look at the kit contents on the bobcat parts site, it appears that the 12 small spacers and 12 bolts are used for the 6" width. If there wasn't any instructions in the kit, then manual for the trencher should cover adjusting the width, one would think.

text