Help loader wont move !

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vic3500

Just got home from a day moving snow, parked the s250 in the garage, for a couple hours, all was fine. Just went out and the bucket wont move, i can go forward and back, but no bucket or arm movement at all. The "general warning light" is now on. (little yellow diamond with exclamation mark) Not flashing, just steady on. Can anyone help? thx

jerry

Check to see if crescent wrench or other object has slid under the seat in case you have under the seat safety switch. Look for simple things first.

OldMachinist

Press and hold the lights button for 2 seconds, do yo get any error codes in the hours display?

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Press and hold the lights button for 2 seconds, do yo get any error codes in the hours display?
Used her heavy yesterday, wet gloves and towel slid under the seat. Could that have caused it? Lights switch doesn't give codes on this model. Just reads v8000, but info button gives 3249, 3253, 3254 and 3265. Book says actuator? Is this a simple fix or should I deliver my first born to the dealer

OldMachinist

Used her heavy yesterday, wet gloves and towel slid under the seat. Could that have caused it? Lights switch doesn't give codes on this model. Just reads v8000, but info button gives 3249, 3253, 3254 and 3265. Book says actuator? Is this a simple fix or should I deliver my first born to the dealer
Most of those codes are for shorted to ground
3249 lift actuator shorted to ground
3253 lift handle/pedal shorted to ground
3254 tilt handle /pedal shorted to ground
3265 sensor supply out of range
Possible causes could be a wire bundle got pinched, a connector is corroded or water got into the a control handle. I'd start with the connectors for the hand/foot controls, disconnect them and look for moisture/corrosion.

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Most of those codes are for shorted to ground
3249 lift actuator shorted to ground
3253 lift handle/pedal shorted to ground
3254 tilt handle /pedal shorted to ground
3265 sensor supply out of range
Possible causes could be a wire bundle got pinched, a connector is corroded or water got into the a control handle. I'd start with the connectors for the hand/foot controls, disconnect them and look for moisture/corrosion.
I'm not very technical, anybody have step by step on how to do this? Any other options? Would maybe drying out the cab with a small heater work?

jerry

I'm not very technical, anybody have step by step on how to do this? Any other options? Would maybe drying out the cab with a small heater work?
I'd use a hair dryer on any connections that look damp but do it carefully. This advice is worth only what cost though, Or I have had some luck with a water displacement spray like wd-40 on electrical gremlins.

mahans7

I'd use a hair dryer on any connections that look damp but do it carefully. This advice is worth only what cost though, Or I have had some luck with a water displacement spray like wd-40 on electrical gremlins.
You might also consider using dielectric grease which is good for weatherproofing and preventing connection corrosion. Used it on my cars mass air flow sensor recently after cleaning the connection(was showing a bad connection code), saved $372 for a $6. tube. HTH

OP
OP
V

vic3500

You might also consider using dielectric grease which is good for weatherproofing and preventing connection corrosion. Used it on my cars mass air flow sensor recently after cleaning the connection(was showing a bad connection code), saved $372 for a $6. tube. HTH
Thanks, but i wouldnt even know where to start with something like that. Talked to my dealer today and sounds like he's saying a bad actuator. Says 99% of the time, thats the problem. Right about $900 all in. That sux

Fishfiles

Thanks, but i wouldnt even know where to start with something like that. Talked to my dealer today and sounds like he's saying a bad actuator. Says 99% of the time, thats the problem. Right about $900 all in. That sux
that new Kubota is a fine machine , about 27 miles less wiring and thousands of dollars less electrical gizmos , lick your wounds and get rid of it before it bites you again harder , the older it gets the more likely it will bite ----

teck6

that new Kubota is a fine machine , about 27 miles less wiring and thousands of dollars less electrical gizmos , lick your wounds and get rid of it before it bites you again harder , the older it gets the more likely it will bite ----
Diagnose codes in order of appearance .. If actuator code comes up first adress that code first.. Dealer should install actuator has to be calibrated to get max life from it.. If u purchase and install yourself it may get u going but life of new actuator may be reduced... If your sensor supply voltage is the problem u need to start uplugging sensors and lift tilt sensors untill that code goes away,this will cause other codes but not the supply code... Hope this is some help... Check the resale on Bocat VS other brands ,,,it worth spending A $1000.00 to get it going >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Diagnose codes in order of appearance .. If actuator code comes up first adress that code first.. Dealer should install actuator has to be calibrated to get max life from it.. If u purchase and install yourself it may get u going but life of new actuator may be reduced... If your sensor supply voltage is the problem u need to start uplugging sensors and lift tilt sensors untill that code goes away,this will cause other codes but not the supply code... Hope this is some help... Check the resale on Bocat VS other brands ,,,it worth spending A $1000.00 to get it going >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Thanks for the support. This sucks. Now to add to the BS, i loaded her all up on the trailer to take it to the dealer, strapped her down. and now the loader started working !!! no codes !! WTF Im guessing i should still take it in...to get properly fixed so she can be dependable for a bad storm. any more advice?

OldMachinist

Thanks for the support. This sucks. Now to add to the BS, i loaded her all up on the trailer to take it to the dealer, strapped her down. and now the loader started working !!! no codes !! WTF Im guessing i should still take it in...to get properly fixed so she can be dependable for a bad storm. any more advice?
Sounds like it dried out. I think it would be a waste of money to take it to the dealer now.

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Sounds like it dried out. I think it would be a waste of money to take it to the dealer now.
really ?? i just need to be able to depend on the machine. i dont want it locking up like that if I'm out plowing during a big storm. That would cost me almost the cost of the repair. i also dont want to throw my money away if the problem is fixed

OldMachinist

really ?? i just need to be able to depend on the machine. i dont want it locking up like that if I'm out plowing during a big storm. That would cost me almost the cost of the repair. i also dont want to throw my money away if the problem is fixed
The problem isn't really fixed it just went away when it dried out. Dealer isn't going to be able to do much troubleshooting if there's no current problem.

OP
OP
V

vic3500

in my book down time and repair cost out weighs resale valve
Machine moving ok now. Dealer said dont bother bringing it in unless i want to replace parts on spec. Thinks the connections at the pedals may have gotten real wet with the sloppy conditions, then just dried out. I guess for now im gonna just have to try to be more careful on how much slush i'm draggin in the cab with me, and maybe keep a small heater in the cab overnight when not in use, after a big snow. thanks for all the advice.