Help Influence skid steer design of the future.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JBeuk

Hey yall, We are a group of designers researching and designing attachments for the skid steer. Our client is a major producer of skid steers worldwide. Any input that you could give us would be greatly appreciated and could help to develop the next generation of skid steer attachments. Do you rent or own your equipment. What attachments do you use most often, and what specifically do you use them for.

Tazza

Staff member
As most people in here know, I'm partial to my 4 in 1, no idea how others can just use a dirt bucket!
Backhoe attachments are very handy, but depends on if you decide to build one of those. A lifting point is handy too, but welding a hook to the bucket works too.

brettk1

As most people in here know, I'm partial to my 4 in 1, no idea how others can just use a dirt bucket!
Backhoe attachments are very handy, but depends on if you decide to build one of those. A lifting point is handy too, but welding a hook to the bucket works too.
spend your time rethinking maintaining the machine simplify everything, make electronics accesible to be troubleshot by the owner, look at wear points on old machines and redesign to eliminate wear!!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
spend your time rethinking maintaining the machine simplify everything, make electronics accesible to be troubleshot by the owner, look at wear points on old machines and redesign to eliminate wear!!!!!
As for wear points, make the rotten things replaceable! Its not hard to do. When i rebuilt my 743, ALL pivot points i made them so you could pull bushings into them. When they wear you pull it out and pull a new one in and install a new pin, then 0 wear! Seriously, its so simple to do and will bring the machine back to factory.
This included boring the ram eyes out to take a bushing, removed the upper arm bosses too, and machined them to take bushings too.

Skiddy

As for wear points, make the rotten things replaceable! Its not hard to do. When i rebuilt my 743, ALL pivot points i made them so you could pull bushings into them. When they wear you pull it out and pull a new one in and install a new pin, then 0 wear! Seriously, its so simple to do and will bring the machine back to factory.
This included boring the ram eyes out to take a bushing, removed the upper arm bosses too, and machined them to take bushings too.
Quiet the cabs down, put filtration between major components so that when one part takes a dump you don't trash the whole machine, Make the seats as comfortable as possible, make an easy cheap kit to allow older skiddies to be retro fitted with quick tach.