Grapple for S175

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kodiak Kid

I recently just purchased a very low hour S175. Dose anyone have any recommendations for a good grapple fit to a S175 Id like the lightest one possible for lifting logs and landscaping I've looked at many makes and models right now Im considering this one at approximately 650lbs
1674675232699808610741992767766.jpg
Any info would be greatly appreciated! 👍 Thankyou

reaperman

Remember, weight is strength. Like most attachments, they live a hard life. I understand trying to keep the weight down for extra payload weight/capacity. Keep in mind the majority of the weight of your cargo is close to the machine. So the lifting is better balanced vs that of pallet forks where alot of weight can be a couple of feet further out. The above grapple looks like a good choice. I know they can be expensive, we just got a new one at work from a relative who works at a well known attachment manufacturing company at a discounted price of 5k. For a homeowner, that's too much to spend on an attachment to play with. Just make sure whichever brand you choose had a decent setup for the hydro cables. Our older grapple had too much slack in the cables that moved the pinchers and not enough guarding. So they were prone to getting pinched between the machine and the back of the grapple when curling the grapple tight to the machine. We had to be careful and still cut more than our share of hydro cables.

OP
OP
Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

I'll definitely keep the possibile hydro hose problem in mind. I plan on making money with this set up. 🤷At least that's the plan.🤣

jeep1

I put a 62 inch grapple on my 632 last spring. Believe it or not, got it off of Walmart.com. Quality is very good, seems to be well built, and the price was right.

Latest posts