Grader Attachments?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

drysideshooter

Hello. New guy here. I am a developer and builder and we own CTL's and wheeled skidsteers. When a skid is getting pulled from service I'm going to buy it and bring it home. I have about a mile of private gravel road to maintain, and quite a few long gravel driveways into various outbuildings to maintain. I also have to do some snow removal each year and typically use a quad with a blade, or for bigger storms I bring home a skid from the shop or a jobsite. It's a bit of a hassle and I'm wanting to leave a machine at home. I think a grader attachment would make the most sense. What experience do you folks have with any of the various grader attachments? I'm thinking either something like a simple land plane grader/scraper, or something that seems like it might be a bit more versatile like the roadrunner with hydraulics. There are quite a few longish private roads in my area, and I'm guessing there is probably some side money to be made doing some maintenance on them. Right now I'm leaning towards using a wheeled machine since the only purposes it would be used for is road maintenance on well packed surfaces, and for snow removal I could add snow specific tires. The two I'm currently most interested in are the Roadrunner and the Ettera box grader. The advantage of the Roadrunner is it can be angled to allow for crowning a road. There are quite a few roads around that weren't properly crowned when they were put in. Any thoughts or advice would be genuinely appreciated.

Skidder2

I don't do our road personally , one of our lot owners does it with his ag tractor and box blade , but it is a tired tractor, and when it quits , I think we are looking for another lot owner to emerge, and take over . If there was just one attachment I would use , I would get a 4n1 bucket , this I think would scoop up loose stone at the far end of the road and carry to the entrance , where it is potholed the most . Carrying it in the bucket would be more efficient than dragging it the tree quarters of a mile. We got parking lot milling the last time I think we paid 10 a ton for a tandem. We don't even bother with snow, but it was a problem last snowmagedden

Latest posts