Glow plugs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bones101

I have a 1999 Lx565. I'm working through some wiring gremlins. I have the gold trimmed 2 bolt EIC dash. I have a partial digital number read out, some of the lines for the numbers are not lighting up, so I have to interpret the fact the 3 looks like a backwards F. As of now, I'm down to the hydro filter restriction lamp and the glow plug light. It looks like my restriction switch is bad, I have one on order. My glow plug issue is ongoing, the glow plug circuit does not shut off, only when I turn the key off. I thought the relay solenoid was bad, so I changed that out. Still the same. I was told by the dealer that there is a Plug in relay #86509590 or Napa AF272 just above the starter relay that supposedly controls the glow plugs. I can hear it click when I turn the key on, but I decided to change it out with a new one ($18.00 NAPA). No change. I tested the, 2.1 ohms each. Glow plugs still stay on, could the issue be in the EIC? I have cleaned all the grounds and replaced them. I am thinking about sending the dash out to Farmtronics for the digital display issue any. Any thoughts on the glow plug issue.

Shanmar

I looked at a wiring diagram for an LS160 which I think is similar to the LX565 (same EIC). The large relay solenoid in the engine bay that powers the glow plugs is triggered by a light blue/yellow wire. It traces all the way up to the #2 pin on the larger connector on the EIC. I'd say that if that wire is always powered and it's not shorted hot from somewhere, the EIC is the cause.
Do you have an estimate from Farmtronics? Mike Fyock (on Facebook) puts together a panel and adapter cable to us a newer model board in the older machines. It's still costly since he still has to buy that board, but.....