Gehl 5635 Parking Brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mericm

Does anyone have information on replacing wet disk brakes. Need to know the allowable range of interference between brake pack and brake piston. Also there appears to be a big change between original design (11 stator/10 rotor) on original (1998) and the replacement pack (15 stator/14 rotor) for the replacement. Also the original rotor disks have friction material whereas the replacement is uncoated steel. Any info would be appreciated, imagine this design is not unique - hydraulic motor is Poclain MS05 with F05 brake

skidsteer.ca

So long as your piston travels enough, it would be better to set the clearance to the loose side to prevent overheating or warping the discs. This allows additional room for cooling oil.
There should be little wear on these as they are only a parking brake, meant to hold to to slow down whichs results in wear. Wear would require having additional piston travel to takeup the wear.
Sorry nothing specific to that machine, but in general thats how it works. Jut measure the thickness of the disc compared to the available space, then measure the piston travel.
Ken

OP
OP
M

mericm

So long as your piston travels enough, it would be better to set the clearance to the loose side to prevent overheating or warping the discs. This allows additional room for cooling oil.
There should be little wear on these as they are only a parking brake, meant to hold to to slow down whichs results in wear. Wear would require having additional piston travel to takeup the wear.
Sorry nothing specific to that machine, but in general thats how it works. Jut measure the thickness of the disc compared to the available space, then measure the piston travel.
Ken
Thanks for info. I was finally able to get some information from Poclain thru Progressive Power and Control. If you ever need hydraulic parts I'd give these guys a call. Gehl wanted $480 for the brake kit......it was $119 thru these guys. I bought the loader used and somebody evidently engaged brake while moving and the rotor disk splines were ruined hence no brakes