Gehl 5625 questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

janderson

I have a 5625sx GEHL with the Perkins 204-25 motor. I bought this skid steer not running for very cheap. The skid steer itself is in pretty good shape. After looking into it, what happened was the connecting rod cap for the number one piston rod failed. This caused the piston rod to come loose and locked the motor up. Surprisingly, nothing was damaged except the piston rod and crankshaft bearing. I was told by my local Perkins dealer that the 204-25 motor is obsolete, and he can't get parts for it. I managed to track down a set of crank bearing on eBay that work. But, I have been unable to find a piston rod. Does anyone have any advice for tracking down a piston rod or if I can't find one what motor could I repower the skid steer with, that would be fairly simple? Thanks for the help in advance.

foton

It might not hurt to call around to some of these engine rebuilder shops ,you never know they might have a used block with parts laying in storage.

scottster

Massey Ferguson 255 had the Perkins AD4-203 in them...mine has it. Possibly same as 204?Try Massey replacement parts dealers.

diggr40

I have a 5625sx GEHL with the Perkins 204-25 motor. I bought this skid steer not running for very cheap. The skid steer itself is in pretty good shape. After looking into it, what happened was the connecting rod cap for the number one piston rod failed. This caused the piston rod to come loose and locked the motor up. Surprisingly, nothing was damaged except the piston rod and crankshaft bearing. I was told by my local Perkins dealer that the 204-25 motor is obsolete, and he can't get parts for it. I managed to track down a set of crank bearing on eBay that work. But, I have been unable to find a piston rod. Does anyone have any advice for tracking down a piston rod or if I can't find one what motor could I repower the skid steer with, that would be fairly simple? Thanks for the help in advance.
I know this post is old, but if you are still looking for good parts for that 204-25 perkins I have a disassembled one with a bad camshaft

Does anyone know where I can purchase a used or non working hydraulic boost control part # 087215 for my 1995 gehl 5625sx

Attachments

• 20240128_172620.jpg
    20240128_172620.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 27