Gehl 4640

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Peter

hey maybe someone could help me out outta a jam. I got a 2005 4640 with a deutz motor in it and 350 hrs. and today the thing lost all hudraulics. Can't move the machine, can't lift the boom, no blown fuses, no warning lights that came up on the consol. The only thing it did it screetched and then it stopped. it felt like someone applied the e-brake. All maintenance has been done on it in the fall, all new filters put on, no blockages in the hudraulic filter, plenty of fluid, the motor works fine, and so does the heat in the cab. If you could let me know as to weather this could be an electrical problem or perhaps a mechanical (one guy told me it could be a stripped flywheel) i would really appreciate it. thanx

thetool

Sounds to me like you lost your pump coupler. Engine runs but it ain't turning nothing.
Good Luck.

skidsteer.ca

Sounds to me like you lost your pump coupler. Engine runs but it ain't turning nothing.
Good Luck.
Hmm, you'd think the charge pressure warning light would come on. I tried one of these out with electric joysticks, blazing fast for a single speed, @ 9 mph.
Are the park park brakes in these spring apllied hydraulic release? If so it would be the e brake coming on as the pressure fell off.
Ken

Land-Tech

Hmm, you'd think the charge pressure warning light would come on. I tried one of these out with electric joysticks, blazing fast for a single speed, @ 9 mph.
Are the park park brakes in these spring apllied hydraulic release? If so it would be the e brake coming on as the pressure fell off.
Ken
Sounds like the e- brake screeching. check the lock out system,seat sensor or switches on the safety arm that comes down from the ceiling. Tried to adjust my shorts one day, and when the seat switch activated, I came to what you would call a screeching halt. I don't think it would be mechanical between engine and pumps or you would get a warning light from no pressure. scott