Gehl 3935sx no left drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

whosaskin

Hello, new guy here looking for assistance. I have a 3935sx gehl. Was sitting for a few months and worked fine when it was parked. Next time I tried to use it I found I have no left drive. I can get right side wheels to turn but hydraulics seemed to be noiser than normal like the brake is on but I don't think it is. Loader works normally.

I have already tried a few things but my mechanical background is automotive and not much experience with hydraulics. So far I have manually jumped power to the brake solenoid to ensure it was working to release brakes and had no effect. Next I removed and dissembled the pump for the left drive motor, inspected and found no apparent issues. I did not take the pump 100% apart, just split the case and looked at the swash plate and pistons. Then I choose to remove and disassemble the left drive motor. I did find a damaged lip seal for the brake but not sure if it was bad enough to keep the brake from disengaging. Besides the damaged seal everything looked to be in fair condition. I put all new seals in the motor and put everything back together. It still does the same thing as before. I also swapped the pressure relief valves from left to right pump with no effect. I'm not sure what to do next. When I engage the linkage for the left drive pump it doesn't seem to be doing anything, no hydraulic noise or vibration. Right side still moves but sounds growly.