Fule line 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

D&D Tree

How do you get to the fule line at the tank. I don't see how you can get it out of the tank,I can't even get my hand down behind the pump to feel it let alone work on it. I have a leak and would like to check the line first.

Fishfiles

It is a rough job and hard on your forearms and hands , I am 175 lb and 5'9" , and if you are any bigger than than you may not be able to get it your hand and arm in there as I can barely get it , if you were seating in the seat it would be on the left side between the pump and the motor , kinda a liitle under the pump , you can't see it , it's all by feel , I done that set up quite a few times all differnet ways and the best seems to be a pier of hook ended needle nose pliers or small vise grips and grap the 90 degree fitting and pul up or I have used a tool that takes off door trim with a bend in it to a little less than 90 degrees , and get under it and pry it out the rubber gasket , another primative but effective way is to disconnect the fuel line at the primer ball and pull it thru and use it to pull up and out , then replace the piece of fuel line , I am glad I don't have to do it , good luck , that machine is prone for leaks in the plastic tank , made reference to ways it happens in another post , also seen rebar or sticks go thru the hole weldments on side the machine and puncture the tank , there is also a return hose than has the same set up in the tank

OP
OP
D

D&D Tree

It is a rough job and hard on your forearms and hands , I am 175 lb and 5'9" , and if you are any bigger than than you may not be able to get it your hand and arm in there as I can barely get it , if you were seating in the seat it would be on the left side between the pump and the motor , kinda a liitle under the pump , you can't see it , it's all by feel , I done that set up quite a few times all differnet ways and the best seems to be a pier of hook ended needle nose pliers or small vise grips and grap the 90 degree fitting and pul up or I have used a tool that takes off door trim with a bend in it to a little less than 90 degrees , and get under it and pry it out the rubber gasket , another primative but effective way is to disconnect the fuel line at the primer ball and pull it thru and use it to pull up and out , then replace the piece of fuel line , I am glad I don't have to do it , good luck , that machine is prone for leaks in the plastic tank , made reference to ways it happens in another post , also seen rebar or sticks go thru the hole weldments on side the machine and puncture the tank , there is also a return hose than has the same set up in the tank
Thanks for the help. I think the leak is in the tank but i'll check the line first. I have a shop manual, is it a big job to pull the motor?

Latest posts