Fuel leak on 731

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wizard

I just found a fuel leak at my carb. it first started at the inlet side, but then it also started leaking at the outlet side. When I bought it it was fine, but I did notice that it had o'rings on the inlet and brass crush washers at the outlet. does anybody know exactly what type it should be, ie; o'rings or washers. Tazza you have a 731 what do you use. Any help from anyone would be great.
Thanks Rudy

Tazza

Staff member
Hey there.
The 731's run a diesel engine, so there is no carb. Are you refering to the lift pump? the fuel from the tank goes to it, then out to a filter then back to the injector pump.
If its at the lift pump, which i suspect it is. I'm pretty sure they run copper washers, definatly not O rings.
Can you check if thats correct? and if it is, i will have a look to find out exactly whats there for you.

OP
OP
W

wizard

Hey there.
The 731's run a diesel engine, so there is no carb. Are you refering to the lift pump? the fuel from the tank goes to it, then out to a filter then back to the injector pump.
If its at the lift pump, which i suspect it is. I'm pretty sure they run copper washers, definatly not O rings.
Can you check if thats correct? and if it is, i will have a look to find out exactly whats there for you.
Yes your right, it is a lift pump. Also diesel.I'll install some copper washers, hopfully thats all I'll need.Thanks tazza.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes your right, it is a lift pump. Also diesel.I'll install some copper washers, hopfully thats all I'll need.Thanks tazza.
Definatly copper, i had a look just before.
I'm not sure if i told you about the excess fuel button or not, or if you knew about it already. As the deutz does not have glow plugs, it can be hard to start when cold. See the button on the left just below the injector pump? give it some throttle and push that button. It will drop down with a "click" hit the key and it should burst into life almost instantly. It will blow a bit of smoke as it gives it a really good drink of fuel just to start.
Watch that fibre washer under the bleed screw too, mine fell to pieces on me once when i needed to bleed it after i ran it dry.
11-05-06_1740.jpg