Foot pedals Sticking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Trapper-Randy

Last winter when it got really cold I had problems with the foot pedals on my L175 sticking. They got better as the machine warmed up. They stayed kind of stiff all summer but not as bad. Now the pedal on the left to raise and lower the boom is very stiff. The right pedal is not as bad. Is there something to lube on the pedals or is there other problems? TR

Mike10

When the pedals get that stiff, lubrication will not help much. Raise and latch the seat up, remove the 8 bolts for the center kick panel and remove panel, disconnect the link to the valve spool at the 3/8" bolt, remove the two carriage bolts, nuts and washers on the aux cross over link, disconnect the link to the valve spool from the aux cross over link at the 3/8" bolt. There are three bolts at the front of the pedal support that thread into the supports from the front of the machine. There is also one bolt straight down below the pedal pivot shaft. Remove the pedal assy and support from the machine. You will need to free up the bushings on the pedal pivot shaft. The bushings must be free to move on the shaft. Before reinstalling pedal assy check where the link pins to the control valve spool and make sure the pin is free to rotate. Also be sure the bushing on the other end of that link is free in link. Reinstall pedal and support.

mfyock

When the pedals get that stiff, lubrication will not help much. Raise and latch the seat up, remove the 8 bolts for the center kick panel and remove panel, disconnect the link to the valve spool at the 3/8" bolt, remove the two carriage bolts, nuts and washers on the aux cross over link, disconnect the link to the valve spool from the aux cross over link at the 3/8" bolt. There are three bolts at the front of the pedal support that thread into the supports from the front of the machine. There is also one bolt straight down below the pedal pivot shaft. Remove the pedal assy and support from the machine. You will need to free up the bushings on the pedal pivot shaft. The bushings must be free to move on the shaft. Before reinstalling pedal assy check where the link pins to the control valve spool and make sure the pin is free to rotate. Also be sure the bushing on the other end of that link is free in link. Reinstall pedal and support.
Pulling the pedals can be a major job depending how rusted everything is, but the results are often well worth it. Sticking pedals can be a real pain. I have had some limited success spraying pb blaster and a spray graphite on the busings while working the pedal back and forth. The pedals often free up, at least in the short term, but can get still again rather quickly.

OP
OP
T

Trapper-Randy

Pulling the pedals can be a major job depending how rusted everything is, but the results are often well worth it. Sticking pedals can be a real pain. I have had some limited success spraying pb blaster and a spray graphite on the busings while working the pedal back and forth. The pedals often free up, at least in the short term, but can get still again rather quickly.
That does not sound to be to bad of a job except if everything is all rusted up. It will have to wait to I have a day off work, probably next week and pull it in. I used the skid today to bring wood in and the temp outside was about 45 degrees and the pedals worked better but still stiff. Thanks for the quick response guys!! T-R

Ivan

That does not sound to be to bad of a job except if everything is all rusted up. It will have to wait to I have a day off work, probably next week and pull it in. I used the skid today to bring wood in and the temp outside was about 45 degrees and the pedals worked better but still stiff. Thanks for the quick response guys!! T-R
If they are working start soaking them in pentrating oil everyday. You may want to mix acetone and tran fluid at a 50/50 mix and spray everything good until you can take them apart

mfyock

An air hammer works well for vibrating the bushings off the shaft. New ones are pretty cheap, I think like $7 each