flushing hydraulic fluid out of d100 backhoe before attaching

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wsesparky

Ive got an 1845c and a d100 backhoe that i just bought. It was attached to a machine that uses actual hydraulic fluid where as my machine uses 10-30 motor oil with H.T.O additive. Any ideas on how i can flush all that fluid out? i just spent $380 changing all the oil in the machine and i was told not to mix the two. Any help or advise is much appreciated

Bswwood

The HTO additive makes the engine oil act like hydraulic oil for hydro-static drive systems. You will get 10000 different opinions on this issue. Take the hoses off the cylinders move the arms around using the skidsteer to push it around, just get out what you can for peace of mind, you are going to mix the oils either way unless you take apart every cylinder, hose and valve. What little bit gets in your machine will be perfectly fine.

Tazza

Staff member
The HTO additive makes the engine oil act like hydraulic oil for hydro-static drive systems. You will get 10000 different opinions on this issue. Take the hoses off the cylinders move the arms around using the skidsteer to push it around, just get out what you can for peace of mind, you are going to mix the oils either way unless you take apart every cylinder, hose and valve. What little bit gets in your machine will be perfectly fine.
That is all i'd do too, you will never get it all unless you pull every line and cylinder off and drain them. As long as the fluid is clean, i see no issues with getting some in your "clean" system.