Flooding in Middle Tennessee

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

We now have our own flood disaster right here in Middle Tennessee. We received 18 inches of rain between Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. The rivers couldn't handle it and have flooded many areas. We now have scores of homes damaged or destroyed with families looking for shelter. The Gaylord Hotel, Grand Old Opry, and Opry Mills are all under water. The hotel is not expected to reopen for many months. Please keep everyone here in your prayers, Here is a link to the damage if you are interested. http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=186722

Fishfiles

I been following the flooding iin Tennessee story from the start , it really is a terrible thing , and it is still being evaluated how bad it really is , last I heard 25 people had perished , I seen cars floating down the interstate before the river even crested , and people being interview were saying it came up so fast the couldn't run from it ----the weather is really wild as of lately ---------- how are you doing pondfishr , did you or any relatives or friends get flooded

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

I been following the flooding iin Tennessee story from the start , it really is a terrible thing , and it is still being evaluated how bad it really is , last I heard 25 people had perished , I seen cars floating down the interstate before the river even crested , and people being interview were saying it came up so fast the couldn't run from it ----the weather is really wild as of lately ---------- how are you doing pondfishr , did you or any relatives or friends get flooded
My family is doing fine. We had some erosion but it is fixable. We know many folks who lost everything and that is really sad. I am sure you can understand what they are going through considering the hurricane's and now the oil spill on the Gulf Coast. One comment from here that is really weird. Across from the High School here in Kingston Springs there is a row of homes that had been there for years. The owners might have worried about a tornado, fire, or possible ice storm causing damage but flooding was not even a thought. There was not a stream or creek close by that anyone imagined would cause a flood. What happened is the Harpeth River approximately 1/2 mile away jumped its bank. The result wasn't that the water kinda pooled when it over flowed. This water cut a new river channel through the neighborhood that ran back into the river further down stream and washed all the houses away. They are not flooded they are GONE!! I can't imagine how the residents in this quiet neighborhood felt when they looked outside and saw a raging river that came out of nowhere. The weather patterns are changing where the normal can't be relied upon anymore. Here is a link to the facebook site where we live if anyone is interested. http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=23d37bfafb0f330b64c53faa713c3c54&q=kingston%20springs&init=quick&ref=search_preload#!/pages/Kingston-Springs-TN/Kingston-Springs-Tennessee/327937953973?ref=search&sid=1040336867.1842895673..1

Fishfiles

My family is doing fine. We had some erosion but it is fixable. We know many folks who lost everything and that is really sad. I am sure you can understand what they are going through considering the hurricane's and now the oil spill on the Gulf Coast. One comment from here that is really weird. Across from the High School here in Kingston Springs there is a row of homes that had been there for years. The owners might have worried about a tornado, fire, or possible ice storm causing damage but flooding was not even a thought. There was not a stream or creek close by that anyone imagined would cause a flood. What happened is the Harpeth River approximately 1/2 mile away jumped its bank. The result wasn't that the water kinda pooled when it over flowed. This water cut a new river channel through the neighborhood that ran back into the river further down stream and washed all the houses away. They are not flooded they are GONE!! I can't imagine how the residents in this quiet neighborhood felt when they looked outside and saw a raging river that came out of nowhere. The weather patterns are changing where the normal can't be relied upon anymore. Here is a link to the facebook site where we live if anyone is interested. http://www.facebook.com/search/?post_form_id=23d37bfafb0f330b64c53faa713c3c54&q=kingston%20springs&init=quick&ref=search_preload#!/pages/Kingston-Springs-TN/Kingston-Springs-Tennessee/327937953973?ref=search&sid=1040336867.1842895673..1
Pond, the link didn't work for me , took me to facebook where I login in , then to a blank map with a target in the middle ------- I feel for you'll --------- climatic weather change is happening

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Pond, the link didn't work for me , took me to facebook where I login in , then to a blank map with a target in the middle ------- I feel for you'll --------- climatic weather change is happening
You must need to be signed in to use it. If you go to facebook you can search for kingston springs and find it.

skidsteer.ca

You must need to be signed in to use it. If you go to facebook you can search for kingston springs and find it.
WOW!
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kingston-Springs-Tennessee/109531855732890?ref=ts
you may have to log in first.
There is 1000 plus pictures on that page now. Hard too believe until you see it.
In 2001 we had 18" give or take of rainfall over a 2 day period, 12" of it coming in on e night over about 12 hours. Flash flooding was nothing like Tn though. The real devastation here came later when it got to the rivers, taking out bridges and flooding river areas,
Prayers for all affected by this.
Ken

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

WOW!
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kingston-Springs-Tennessee/109531855732890?ref=ts
you may have to log in first.
There is 1000 plus pictures on that page now. Hard too believe until you see it.
In 2001 we had 18" give or take of rainfall over a 2 day period, 12" of it coming in on e night over about 12 hours. Flash flooding was nothing like Tn though. The real devastation here came later when it got to the rivers, taking out bridges and flooding river areas,
Prayers for all affected by this.
Ken
Link to some pictures of the Gaylord Opryland Hotel Flooding this week. We manage the phone switches for this property and both of them are located below ground and now under water. New equipment is already on order waiting for the clean up. Lots of work here... http://tinyurl.com/25jk3a5