flat rubber priming bulb

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

I've been having some fuel delivery problems lately. Replaced the filter in the tank and tubing. My rubber priming bulb ends up flat after running at 60% rpm's for about 20 minutes. The engine slows down and will stop. Wait until the rubber bulb gets round again and it will again work....until the bulb gets flat again. Any suggestions? Most of the archived question/answers don't quite hit my problem on the nose. I always thought a flat bulb meant a problem on the uptake side before the rubber bulb toward the fuel tank. Like a plugged filter or broken off piece of tubing. Hope somebody can simplify this problem with an answer. These things are vexingly easy at times, just not on my machine! thanks, all Mike

renopker

try running it with the cap on the tank loose to see if theres a vent problem(be careful)

Tazza

Staff member
try running it with the cap on the tank loose to see if theres a vent problem(be careful)
Even check the elbow on the fuel pickup tube, it can get junk caught up there. Have you removed the pickup tube and hose to the primer bulb? then try blowing air through it, it has to be blocked somewhere, you just need to get it out of the line.
You are spot on, the restriction MUST be between the primer bulb and the strainer at the end of the pickup tube on the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
B

bahmi

Aye, I loosened the fuel tank cap and voila!, no more flattened rubber bulb and no more engine hiccuping and stopping...now, the fuel primer bulb no longer flattens and the 753 runs like Jack the Bear...thanks for the suggestions, Mike

OP
OP
B

bahmi

Aye, I loosened the fuel tank cap and voila!, no more flattened rubber bulb and no more engine hiccuping and stopping...now, the fuel primer bulb no longer flattens and the 753 runs like Jack the Bear...thanks for the suggestions, Mike
Nope, wasn't the problem. I thought I had a deficient cap with occluded vent hole, but no way. I had recurring problems and found that the metal elbow was nearly totally blocked with crud. I removed it by wire and high pressure air, and, DADGUM, she works great now! Goes to show ya that you have to take things slow and try everything before you go spouting off......love that ol' 753 more every time I use it.

toomacho

Nope, wasn't the problem. I thought I had a deficient cap with occluded vent hole, but no way. I had recurring problems and found that the metal elbow was nearly totally blocked with crud. I removed it by wire and high pressure air, and, DADGUM, she works great now! Goes to show ya that you have to take things slow and try everything before you go spouting off......love that ol' 753 more every time I use it.
Hey, I have the exact same problem! What elbo did you find trash in? The one that comes from the fuel tank?

OP
OP
B

bahmi

Hey, I have the exact same problem! What elbo did you find trash in? The one that comes from the fuel tank?
Yes, the metal elbow just above the tank was nearly totally plugged. I took a wire and cleaned it, then blew high pressure air through it and a plug of gunk came out. It's been running great since. Make sure your input tube in the tank is not resting in gunk at the bottom of the tank.

toomacho

Yes, the metal elbow just above the tank was nearly totally plugged. I took a wire and cleaned it, then blew high pressure air through it and a plug of gunk came out. It's been running great since. Make sure your input tube in the tank is not resting in gunk at the bottom of the tank.
I'll try that this week. Thanks!