Fitting ID - what type do I need??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Before I just load the skid onto a trailer and head down to Colliflower to get some hoses made, can anyone help me ID these fittings for my aux hyd on my L555? I don't work with hydraulics that much, and I'd like to be able to run the modern standard fittings so I can use multiple attachments. I'm thinking that if these are outdated (the skid is an '85), I suspect I should just replace them with that standard.

Thoughts?
Rob

Attachments

• 62A8AF5E-2102-417E-8247-5D9CFEE4BC1C.jpeg
    62A8AF5E-2102-417E-8247-5D9CFEE4BC1C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • 7A0C7EC4-420E-426E-B4D3-7D3B07247C01.jpeg
    7A0C7EC4-420E-426E-B4D3-7D3B07247C01.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 4AF12C0D-3D32-4EAF-B10D-33C91B9C4898.jpeg
    4AF12C0D-3D32-4EAF-B10D-33C91B9C4898.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94

Ivan

Take one off and check but I bet they are standdard 1/2 inch pipe threads. Those fitting look like Pioneer fittings. Take one to a farm ractor place and you should be able to get the female ends

foton

I believe they are pioneer also , but I think I would replace both ends as they have painted surfaces and they are so old they might have changed specs on them making the female ends not fit as well as they should. If you can not get the female to couple up take a wooden mallet and smack the end that sticks out that will relieve and back pressure.(oil will squirt out) If you change to flat face couplers that option is not available you must use another method to relieve it. If you keep the pioneer type use colored tape or cable ties to mark the in and out to match the attachment cylinder.

oiu789

Before I just load the skid onto a trailer and head down to Colliflower to get some hoses made, can anyone help me ID these fittings for my aux hyd on my L555? I don't work with hydraulics that much, and I'd like to be able to run the modern standard fittings so I can use multiple attachments. I'm thinking that if these are outdated (the skid is an '85), I suspect I should just replace them with that standard.

Thoughts?
Rob
They do not look like 1/2" pipe thread, no exposed threads showing. They look like O-ring male pioneer ends! They are a very common end and are used on many tractors and equipment. unless you need high flow hyd they will work fine. They are also easy to find at tractor supply stores or online male and female some are O-ring and some are pipe thread. They do not interchange.

Last edited:

Ivan

They do not look like 1/2" pipe thread, no exposed threads showing. They look like O-ring male pioneer ends! They are a very common end and are used on many tractors and equipment. unless you need high flow hyd they will work fine. They are also easy to find at tractor supply stores or online male and female some are O-ring and some are pipe thread. They do not interchange.
Could be but whatever you do is be sure to put a wrench on the nut behind the fitting. Bad things may happen if you don't I know this for a fact. YOu may have to have a thin wench to hold that back nut.

oiu789

Could be but whatever you do is be sure to put a wrench on the nut behind the fitting. Bad things may happen if you don't I know this for a fact. YOu may have to have a thin wench to hold that back nut.
Good advice you could twist the line on the other side. I know some will do this trying to remove! I always buck the fitting I am trying to remove.

Last edited: