Where do I connect remote starter switch?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sgf

I need to start my 99 Lx665 with a remote starter switch, the kind with two leads and a button to complete the circuit. I once noticed a mechanic connect one battery to the positive battery terminal and the other wire to a point in the engine compartment. Anyone know the spot it connects to? I seem to recall it was on the side opposite the battery but it has been a while and there are plenty of electrics in that area.

brdgbldr

Both wires normally connect to the starter. This is where you always hear about people remote starting with a screwdriver by just shooting the two posts. Just don't forget that the key needs to be turned to the on position if you want the engine to start.

Here is a general video:

OP
OP
S

sgf

I've done it that way with chevy starters but I don't recall this one having the integral solenoid. I'll take a look, thanks.

thwerench

One lead from the remote switch would go to the battery positive and the other connects to the small "S" terminal on the starter solenoid. That bypasses the starter circuit but the starter itself needs to be in working order

OP
OP
S

sgf

Then it's the same as a Ford or riding mower style remote solenoid. I think I need to trace wires to find what I need since my issue is "where" rather than "how".