Filter source

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dennisinaz

Are there oil and fuel filters available other than Bobcat supplied parts available for these machines? I am getting tired off getting hosed with different prices each time I buy from the only dealer in the county here. Does any of the big makers (Wix, Hastings, Donaldson et al) make compatible filters with their own brand on it? Thanks Dennis

Tazza

Staff member
Aftermarket filters are available but to be honest, the price at the dealer is sometimes cheaper! I did get a bunch of purolator (spelling) filters for my engine at a crazy cheap price and they are a quality filter. Fuel filters that i use are whatever i can get at a good price, usually fleetguard, same with air filters as they are a good brand and made locally.
Some filter places can cross reference the bobcat numbers to an aftermarket filter but they are not always cheaper.

triad

Wix makes car quest's filters (so they tell me) I use them on my cat engine in my truck. Set up an account under a garage name or go thru a shop and get a cheaper price. I also get luberfiner filters from a place called battery one usually cheaper than anywhere. Steve

perry

Wix makes car quest's filters (so they tell me) I use them on my cat engine in my truck. Set up an account under a garage name or go thru a shop and get a cheaper price. I also get luberfiner filters from a place called battery one usually cheaper than anywhere. Steve
I get my, oil, hyd. and fuel from NAPA

skidsteer.ca

I get my, oil, hyd. and fuel from NAPA
Use the online cross references at the filter makers web site to get the numbers for your filters then call around for price. .
www.baldwinfilters.com
www.puroil.com purolator
I would think wix, donaldson, fleetgard, luberfiner, fram etc would have there cross reference online.
Sometimes if purolator does not show a match for your number you can look it up in Baldwin and then look the Baldwin number up in Purolator. Etc
Ken

Fishfiles

Use the online cross references at the filter makers web site to get the numbers for your filters then call around for price. .
www.baldwinfilters.com
www.puroil.com purolator
I would think wix, donaldson, fleetgard, luberfiner, fram etc would have there cross reference online.
Sometimes if purolator does not show a match for your number you can look it up in Baldwin and then look the Baldwin number up in Purolator. Etc
Ken
What machine are you interseted in , I got a lot of the numbers in my head and a crossover survey near by

OP
OP
D

dennisinaz

What machine are you interseted in , I got a lot of the numbers in my head and a crossover survey near by
I tried all the crossover stuff and if I went to Donaldson then Wix then Baldwin and then back to Donaldson, it was a different filter. Seems like Wix and Baldwin make at least two filter that will cross but have different part numbers. For example in Wix I get 51521 and 51307- both will cross Maybe they have different bypass pressures. Baldwin gave me a B120 and B163 Also BF1257 and BF7921. Bobcat #s are 6667352 and 6675517 The fuel filter has a little valve on the bottom to bleed off the water. The oil filter is quite robust and heavier than, say, Fram et al.

Fishfiles

I tried all the crossover stuff and if I went to Donaldson then Wix then Baldwin and then back to Donaldson, it was a different filter. Seems like Wix and Baldwin make at least two filter that will cross but have different part numbers. For example in Wix I get 51521 and 51307- both will cross Maybe they have different bypass pressures. Baldwin gave me a B120 and B163 Also BF1257 and BF7921. Bobcat #s are 6667352 and 6675517 The fuel filter has a little valve on the bottom to bleed off the water. The oil filter is quite robust and heavier than, say, Fram et al.
Agreed all crossovers may not look exactly the same but still work , care should be taken as different microns ranges are available of the same filter , some have water bleeders some don't -------------same question I would ask as I asked before -------------" what machine are you interested in crossing over " ---------as your crossover numbers don't even line up with anything on my survey of all the common past and present Bobcat machines ,-------usually a Wix number minus the first number is a NAPA number , some times the Donaldson dealer which I use has to go into the specs of the filters for a good match and not just by the numbers , as I too have found many of bad crossovers over the years

OP
OP
D

dennisinaz

Agreed all crossovers may not look exactly the same but still work , care should be taken as different microns ranges are available of the same filter , some have water bleeders some don't -------------same question I would ask as I asked before -------------" what machine are you interested in crossing over " ---------as your crossover numbers don't even line up with anything on my survey of all the common past and present Bobcat machines ,-------usually a Wix number minus the first number is a NAPA number , some times the Donaldson dealer which I use has to go into the specs of the filters for a good match and not just by the numbers , as I too have found many of bad crossovers over the years
S185, S160

Fishfiles

S185, S160
S 185 and S 160 are the same , only difference could be the oil filter depending on engine as noted ------- Napa # s in air 2769 --out air 2222----- fuel 3192 ----hyd 1455 ----engine oil v2003 = 1068 ,or v2203 =1521 ------