Failed Electrics 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jack

Hi all, My 753 has an electrics problem. Loss of analogue guages volts, fuel level and hyd oil temp, along with guage backlighting. Also lost front floodlights and rear tail lights. no instrument idiot lights either. However, machine starts, runs fine and it appears the alternator is charging OK. Electric brake solenoid OK, 4 in 1 bucket electric control OK, glow plugs work, electric shutdown OK. I have checked for blown fuses, all seem OK on visual inspection. Checked all major wiring harness plugs and behind both instrument panels etc for security (under cab as well) etc, swapped glow relay in place of power/switch relay and no change. Checked all power wire terminals on main starter terminal, also main battery leads, earths etc for physical security. Does anyone know, or have a wiring diagram for this model machine? Even though the ign switch works OK, I am suspicious it could be a main accessory feed wire from it, if there is such a thing. Seems like I am in for some serious wire tracing work :) Jack Chomley Australia

OP
OP
J

Jack

I fixed it! Next day I decided to get more serious, the fuses 'looked' fine, not blown etc. So...I tested them with a multimeter and 3 of them showed open circuit, however if I twisted them, they came good. I still can't make out how 3 of them died at the one time, except that maybe some water got in the fuse box and they ended up getting some corrosion inside them. I cleaned everything, replaced ALL blade fuses and the machine is OK.

Tigerotor77W

I fixed it! Next day I decided to get more serious, the fuses 'looked' fine, not blown etc. So...I tested them with a multimeter and 3 of them showed open circuit, however if I twisted them, they came good. I still can't make out how 3 of them died at the one time, except that maybe some water got in the fuse box and they ended up getting some corrosion inside them. I cleaned everything, replaced ALL blade fuses and the machine is OK.
Glad it worked out! Congrats!