Engine Help Needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mule

I have an old 440 gasser that I finally killed the engine in. From the sound of it I would guess broken rod or broken valve. What would you recommend for a replacement engine? How many HP does this little machine need? Would a 25 HP air cooled do it? It's almost 40 years old so I don't want to put a lot of money into it but I think it's worth saving. Everything else is pretty good. Thanks Mule

OP
OP
M

Mule

Well I pulled the head off last night and bad news. Two of the pushrods are just missing. I suspect they are in the oil pan but I imagine this engine is beyond repair. I wonder if one of those two cylinder diesel motors that are Kabota tractors would be powerful enough

Firefighter

probably not they used a perkins 4.108 also in that & i think they made around 40-45 Hp
u could probably repair the ford engine that u have

ThomasWisconsin

I would look for a similar engine or look for one that is bad and it won't t cost alot to switch parts out on it and have a spare for down the road.

Thomas, in Wisconsin

2bobcats

I agree that you should repair the one you have or buy another engine of the same m model Easier than having to do a lot of modifications