Engine dies out on MT50

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pro70z28

I posted this on my new member thread but thought I'd put it out here, hoping somebody might have a solution... I had a little problem today on the job. The engine died out a few times. I thought it was low on fuel (it was almost empty) so I dumped in about 5 gal. It still did the same thing after refuleing. Any ideas? My first thought was maybe it has a plugged fuel filter? I was just finishing up for the day, so I just loaded it back on the trailer. Would it act like that if I ran it low on fuel and it sucked air into the fuel line? (This is my first diesel engine). It still died out a couple times after refueling. To be more specific it dies out...... then comes back to life just before it stops completely. Runs for a few minutes and then does it again.

t190wt

definitely a fuel delivery problem check all your filters. blow out your lines too. could also possibly be air starved. check that filter as well.

OP
OP
P

pro70z28

definitely a fuel delivery problem check all your filters. blow out your lines too. could also possibly be air starved. check that filter as well.
Thanks for the reply t190wt. Turned out to be just a little air in the line from letting it run out of fuel. It's been running fine the last few months.

Latest posts