easy way of replacing cab struts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slewpumper

I just replaced the cab struts on my 1995 873....I found if I lifted the boom arms part way up...then connected my atv winch to top edge of cab roof, I could lift the cab completely back so it clears the back brace between the boom arms.....I then fastened the struts to the cab mounts....I also unbolted the metal strut bracket that is fastened to the tub and fastened to bottom of struts.....by doing this you can tap the bottom bracket into place with a hammer...made the operation pretty easy for me considering the bobcat dealer made it sound nearly impossible....

Tazza

Staff member
My manual shows a tool you can use to compress the strut using the rear door as a lever. Put the clamp on the strut and you are set.
I know the pain of installing struts all too well.

skidsteer.ca

My manual shows a tool you can use to compress the strut using the rear door as a lever. Put the clamp on the strut and you are set.
I know the pain of installing struts all too well.
Just removing the rubber stop blocks so the cab can go a bit higher works on many of the 700 series models. Then the strut can be installed without compressing.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Just removing the rubber stop blocks so the cab can go a bit higher works on many of the 700 series models. Then the strut can be installed without compressing.
Ken
Ken, the rubber pad does help, but still not quiet enough.... At least for the ones i have done. You still need a screwdriver and pin punch. ROTTEN THINGS and when they let go when they are almost in place, they sure can do some damage. Keep hands and fingers away!