Early Bradco 9HD Backhoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

no74falcon

I have an opportunity to buy an early 9HD. The machine appears to have been kept outside its whole life from the looks of it but it also seems to have been greased and maintained as it seems to be tight with no wear and very little use. Anything I should look for? Thanks! Allen Clark, Erieville N.Y.

SkidRoe

In addition to the routine pin wear and signs of leaks, a few other generic things to look at:
1. The condition of the chrome on the cylinder rods - if they are rusting or the chrome is worn, this is a leak waiting to happen (if it hasn't already). Any equipment that we store outside, we typically retract all of the cylinders to teh best of our ability to protect the rods.
2. Signs of cracks or repairs - not the end of the world if they are repaired properly, but should have an influence on the price.
3. The hoses - age and UV light are hard on hydraulic hoses. If the outer covers are cracked, and they are 1-wire hoses (eg. 100R1), they could become an issue sooner than later. Also, look for signs of cover deterioration next to the crimps.
HTH,
SR

OP
OP
N

no74falcon

In addition to the routine pin wear and signs of leaks, a few other generic things to look at:
1. The condition of the chrome on the cylinder rods - if they are rusting or the chrome is worn, this is a leak waiting to happen (if it hasn't already). Any equipment that we store outside, we typically retract all of the cylinders to teh best of our ability to protect the rods.
2. Signs of cracks or repairs - not the end of the world if they are repaired properly, but should have an influence on the price.
3. The hoses - age and UV light are hard on hydraulic hoses. If the outer covers are cracked, and they are 1-wire hoses (eg. 100R1), they could become an issue sooner than later. Also, look for signs of cover deterioration next to the crimps.
HTH,
SR
Thanks Skid... I guess I was a little vague... I guess what I'm looking for is anything about this particular model I should be looking for. I didn't see any welds and\or cracks and the hydraulics all looked good, hoses and cylinders. But I certainly appreciate your help!