Driving skid steer on road without plate in Massachusetts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sean

does anyone know the laws about driving a skidsteer on road from job to job, small distance, if that matters, Somone told me any equipment that cant run over 10mph doesnt need any plates. Anyone know?

mistersweeper

Check withyour state dot, but most places only need a smv (slow moving vehicle) sign.
Ken
Here in Saskatchewan , a skidsteer is considered farm vehicle and you can use it for a grocery getter or your sweet ride if you want to. I drive mine all over the city. That's why I have signal light kit on my A300.

Tazza

Staff member
Here in Saskatchewan , a skidsteer is considered farm vehicle and you can use it for a grocery getter or your sweet ride if you want to. I drive mine all over the city. That's why I have signal light kit on my A300.
Impressive.
Over here in Australia, as far as i know, we have plates for "limited use" it essentially means we can park the truck/trailer near the job site and drive to where the work is to be done. We are not allowed to simply drive it down the streets to get there, it needs to be towed in a truck/trailer. My understanding was you can only drive for a few hundred metres down the streets. I'm sure this is different depending on where you are.

xcmark

Sales tax paid ? if it is just get a plate and orange triangle. For about $600 you can insure it .

wright const

Sales tax paid ? if it is just get a plate and orange triangle. For about $600 you can insure it .
Im in mass to and from what im told is you can not drive over the road ,I plow with my 3 S 185's in Cambridge and every storm 1 gets stopped and I plow for the city. The reason's range from to slow , no brake lights ,tires not covered by wheelwells etc etc

xcmark

Im in mass to and from what im told is you can not drive over the road ,I plow with my 3 S 185's in Cambridge and every storm 1 gets stopped and I plow for the city. The reason's range from to slow , no brake lights ,tires not covered by wheelwells etc etc
welcome to the republic of Cambridge........ Suprised they dont site to operator for noise! For those of you who are not from this area the city put a ban on transfats about 2~3 years ago , nothing could be sold in the city if it had transfats on the box lable.

Latest posts