doing oil channge 7800

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mustang2105

what a bitch! not too much thought went into that set up unless somethings wrong. Book say this Yanmar 4tne-106 engine takes 14 liters of oil. I checked the oil and it was full then i drained it only got about 4.5 liters out of the engine. about a 1.25 gallons. If the book is wrong i'm going to be so &#^@^ing pissed becuause i took the valve out of the oil pan. thanks

OP
OP
M

mustang2105

Ok i didn't take the valve out but i took the hose off and put a screw driver through the valve into oil pan and it was clear unless i have to go in deeper.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok i didn't take the valve out but i took the hose off and put a screw driver through the valve into oil pan and it was clear unless i have to go in deeper.
14 litres for an engine is an awfull lot!!! My Kubota V1702 holds about 8 litres and i feel thats a lot compaired to my old Duetz that held less than 5 litres.

skidsteer.ca

14 litres for an engine is an awfull lot!!! My Kubota V1702 holds about 8 litres and i feel thats a lot compaired to my old Duetz that held less than 5 litres.
I'd double check the volume with the dealer or engine mfg. That is around a 100 hp engine? Still 14l is quite a bit, even if thats it size.
Can you see if the drain hose is properly sloped down.
Pumps are available to pump the oil out the dipstick hole, ofte used for boats.
Ken

OP
OP
M

mustang2105

I'd double check the volume with the dealer or engine mfg. That is around a 100 hp engine? Still 14l is quite a bit, even if thats it size.
Can you see if the drain hose is properly sloped down.
Pumps are available to pump the oil out the dipstick hole, ofte used for boats.
Ken
It did take 14 quarts when i filled it up. it doesn't have any oil leaks nor does the engine smoke . So i'm still wondering where all the oil went.

skiwest

It did take 14 quarts when i filled it up. it doesn't have any oil leaks nor does the engine smoke . So i'm still wondering where all the oil went.
Changed all the fluids two weekends ago. While there was a lot of engine oil not compared to the hydraulic oil. The construction company that had it before me rigged something up on the engine oil. Rather than the valve and little hose to the side. They connected a large hose 1" and on the end onf it had a quick connect with shut off. Lots of control though I had to stay there with a screw driver to keetp the thing open. Still have to do the chain cases.

Had a problem though , after I changed the fuel filter couldn't start engine. I know I have to prime it but the manuls aren't very clear. The operators manual speaks of a bleed valve and a priming level. But I can't find . There is a priming pump on the side of the injector pump. Which I unsrcewed and pumped up and down but didn't do the trick. I know its simple but just can't find it. When I installed the fuel filter I did fill it with fuel befoer installing.

OP
OP
M

mustang2105

Changed all the fluids two weekends ago. While there was a lot of engine oil not compared to the hydraulic oil. The construction company that had it before me rigged something up on the engine oil. Rather than the valve and little hose to the side. They connected a large hose 1" and on the end onf it had a quick connect with shut off. Lots of control though I had to stay there with a screw driver to keetp the thing open. Still have to do the chain cases.

Had a problem though , after I changed the fuel filter couldn't start engine. I know I have to prime it but the manuls aren't very clear. The operators manual speaks of a bleed valve and a priming level. But I can't find . There is a priming pump on the side of the injector pump. Which I unsrcewed and pumped up and down but didn't do the trick. I know its simple but just can't find it. When I installed the fuel filter I did fill it with fuel befoer installing.
THe manual says it is self bleeding. Was your filter dirty? Did you change the little filter from the tank to the pump? I think if you used that priming lever it should have done the trick. I was using it the other day with hose of and i noticed fuel came out only when the pumpprimer was pulled up. Let me know if you got it. My machine keeps dying on me after an hour. So you know if there is a water seperator on this machine?? thanks