chaincase oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

karim

Hello , i just get a used GEHL 4240E , i check the oil level for engine and hydrolic and they are ok , but when i open the oil check bolt for the chaincase , a lot of oil comes out strongly ( looks like there is some pressure inside the chaincase) , does this indicat any problem ?

Thanks

brdgbldr

Hello , i just get a used GEHL 4240E , i check the oil level for engine and hydrolic and they are ok , but when i open the oil check bolt for the chaincase , a lot of oil comes out strongly ( looks like there is some pressure inside the chaincase) , does this indicat any problem ?

Thanks
This could indicate a motor carrier seal leak. If the hydraulic oil starts to drop and the chain case oil rises, there is a problem.

I'm not familiar with Gehl machines, but on a Bobcat the seal is fairly easy to replace.

If the chain case oil has a lot of water in it, it could have filled up with condensation. There may also be a pressure relief valve on the chain case that is stuck shut causing pressure.

Firefighter

Thanks
they are a sealed chaincase, pressure in them can be normal, its possible the shaft seal on the drive motor is leaking , if thats the case the motor would need removed & resealed