Cranks but no start 259 D3 almost starts, but will not

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Pooldigger123

So per the cat dealer, I have replaced the T in the top of the tank the complete transfer fuel pump assembly, new filter, etc., and the fuel rail
So I pulled up next to the work truck at the shop and filled up the machine and then a couple days later went to move it and it would not start it cranks and acts like it's gonna hit, but it seemed like it wasn't getting enough fuel, change the fuel filter Then changed the "t" restrictor in the top of the fuel tank. Then I did a volume and pressure test on my fuel pump. Volume was good pressure was at 8 pounds which is under the 12 pound spec so there you have it spend 750 bucks in your back online. NOT
New fuel pump absolutely no change still pranks and act like it wants to start so since I have replaced this motor already, I have a core so I went and pulled the rail off because the dealer said there was some valve on the end of that fuel rail got swapped out, made no difference I have no codes on the machine currently the only thing left mechanically is the injection pump. I just can't imagine after 500 hours that would be bad. Is the injection pump just a high-pressure pump that you put in it does it have to be timed like the old school injection Pumps?
I also replaced the electrical plunger that sticks out of the bottom of the injection pump and points towards the rear. I was assuming that was the fuel shut off, but that didn't help either.
IMG_2973.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Pooldigger123

So I forgot this little piece of information when I was trying to get it to start after I put the new fuel rail on I had the injector lines cracked so that I could purge the air out of the fuel rail and all of a sudden it started ran wide open about four seconds And then died and then wouldn't start again not really sure why that happened but I thought I was gonna lose a motor for a second