Crank shaft

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kuny123

Does a D905 and a D1105 have the same crank? just a different bore? Reason I am asking is I have a D1105 but the crank needs to be turned in it, I also have a D905 sitting in my shop, but the pistons are seized solid(some dummy didnt cover exhaust and water got in).
I am planning on taking the crank from the D905 and putting it in my D1105(hopefully)

Jyuma

I'm one of the dummies who let water get in through the exhaust (you're right... I was a dummy hahaha) and after 3 years of abuse from rain and the odd nesting rodent, my pistons were stuck tight. (bTw... I found acorns behind the valves).
emotion-10.gif

Before I layed-out $3000+ USD for a new (rebuilt) engine I decided to try to free the pistons on my 4cyl Kubota diesel. I removed the head and stacked a few 2x3's in the rear cylinder just long enough to protrude above the block. I then put a bottle jack between the tops of the 2x3's and a heavy cross member that was over the engine. A few pumps of the handle on the bottle jack and the pistons broke free. I used a cheap cylinder hone (from Sears) to clean-up the cylinder walls and the old Kubota has been purring like a kitten ever since.
Perhaps not the most eloquent solution... but it worked.
emotion-1.gif