Couple questions on my 440B.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gervs

I am new to owning skid steers, so this is probably a very novice questions but here it goes. #1 is what would cause the right-side tires to spin when sitting still? It will slowly walk the machine forward if the foot brake is not engaged. Question #2 the throttle seems to work one time and the next time doesn't bring up the engine speed at all. Cable seems fine it is moving the arm it is attached to anyways.

brdgbldr

The right side creeping may be caused because you linkage needs to be adjusted. It can come loose and or slip at the adjustment point.

Throttle could be any number of things from the carburetor to the governor. I would check to make sure that the carburetor is actually opening and closing while moving the throttle.

OP
OP
Gervs

Gervs

Thank you for your advice. I'll see if I can google an adjustment procedure for the linkage. As far as I can tell everything is moving on the carb but maybe I can check it the next time while it is not doing anything. I hate intermediate problems.

thwerench

When I first brought my 440B home it would creep also. Played around with the adjustment on the lever rods and solved it
Check your throttle cable first. May not be the problem but if it has been replaced and is too long or not secured properly it will cause issues

OP
OP
Gervs

Gervs

When I first brought my 440B home it would creep also. Played around with the adjustment on the lever rods and solved it
Check your throttle cable first. May not be the problem but if it has been replaced and is too long or not secured properly it will cause issues
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a service manual so I can have the correct procedure for making that adjustment.

OP
OP
Gervs

Gervs

You should start a new thread so that it draws attention from everyone. There are really good folks on here that will probably be able to help you out. Put as much info as you can.