Convert 743 cartridge fuel filter to spin-on Bobcat filter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobpuddy

(No more hard to replace cartridges or broken glass bowl. Conversion adapter uses the 50 series Bobcat spin-on fuel filter). I saw this on ebay. Has anyone done this or know who makes it ? It costs $83 on ebay and it sounds like a good idea, but I don't want to pay that much. My bowl has a chip in it now from where it slipped out of my hand on the last filter change.

Bcat

You can contact your local Bobcat dealer. Part number for the assembly with filter is 6667353. The assembly includes a filter and the new mount. You will just have to switch your lines around to go into the new filter head. This will use the new style spin-on fuel filter that all current machines use(6667352). It should run around $40-$50.

Fishfiles

You can contact your local Bobcat dealer. Part number for the assembly with filter is 6667353. The assembly includes a filter and the new mount. You will just have to switch your lines around to go into the new filter head. This will use the new style spin-on fuel filter that all current machines use(6667352). It should run around $40-$50.
I have done it both ways , I have used the conversion adaptor with no problems , very easy and fast , I paid $49.62 for the adaptor which is Rayco part number INCAV and use the Donaldson spin on fuel filter number P-550248 that cost $8.72 , I get both from the local Donaldson dealer ---------I have changed the filter head and don't like doing it that way , the holes didn't line up and had to be redrilled to mount it and had to buy new fittings for the head and they didn't work out so cleanly , I check out another source on the adaptor as E Bay I find can be a rip off , search for Rayco dealer ----------