Considering buying a Gehl 600

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tobold

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to the Gehl machines but understand that they are good and robust and have been around for a long time... so perhaps it's worth it? I found a good looking and well kept Gehl 600 which the current owner thinks is made around 1980. It's small and compact (which is what I'm looking for) and have a single cylinder Deutz air cooled diesel engine. So over to my questions (you knew they were coming right?): Does anyone know operating weight of this machine and lifting capacity? Is it hydrostatic drive or does it have something else (it's damn old)? Anything else of interest that you would like to share about this model?

wisconsin_cowman

Better check your model number again. They never made a 600 skid loader. Also Gehl never used a single cylinder Deutz engine in less someone repowered it. Better double check this skid loader out.

OP
OP
T

Tobold

Better check your model number again. They never made a 600 skid loader. Also Gehl never used a single cylinder Deutz engine in less someone repowered it. Better double check this skid loader out.
Thanks for input. Yeah I was too uncertain about the machine and let it pass me, so the problem kinda sorted already.

bhaugen

Thanks for input. Yeah I was too uncertain about the machine and let it pass me, so the problem kinda sorted already.
Looks like they are a european model. http://www.tractorpool.co.uk/details/Skidsteer-loader/Gehl-L-600/1220505