Cheap WixFilters

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

I found a website filter1.com where you can sign up and order at reasonable pricing. They also supply a tool where you build and save a vehicle equipment filter list. You use the Wix catalog tool to look up the part numbers and save them under your account. Pretty cool setup for easy repeat ordering. Example is Bobcat 743 hydro filter 51482 $24.13 and Inner Air 422769 $12.34 and Outer Air 42222 $12.82. I think it is a pretty good deal with no sales tax on orders of 6 or more filters totaling $50.00 = free UPS ground shipping. You can email them at [email protected] I have no association with the company but thought I would send this out. With my car and equipment needs I think I can save a little $$.

latrobe

Thanks for the info. I always look for a better price on like items. What about Wix filters, are they considered to be a better brand or just your run of the mill filter? You never know about some of these things, do they make their own product or farm it out to some fly by night outfit, and who would know one way or the other. Unless you can get the info from somebody that knows (like from a Skidsteer forum )

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Thanks for the info. I always look for a better price on like items. What about Wix filters, are they considered to be a better brand or just your run of the mill filter? You never know about some of these things, do they make their own product or farm it out to some fly by night outfit, and who would know one way or the other. Unless you can get the info from somebody that knows (like from a Skidsteer forum )
From the information on their website they invented the spin on filter and the company was founded in 1939. I am sure that someone else here on this site might experience with this brand. From what I read they manufacturer their own and should make a quality product.

skidsteer.ca

From the information on their website they invented the spin on filter and the company was founded in 1939. I am sure that someone else here on this site might experience with this brand. From what I read they manufacturer their own and should make a quality product.
Imo Wix is among the best of filter manufactures, I'll have to check them out
Thanks
Ken

perry

This has been around for a while, I read it when I was building my car. Very informative.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html
Forgot, you can go to the bottom of the page and click 'results'.

siduramaxde

Forgot, you can go to the bottom of the page and click 'results'.
Wix filters are very good!! They are the same as NAPA gold filters and I just use the NAPA filters. Every year my local NAPA (who I have an account with) has what they call a farm filter sale and thats when I buy all my filters. The sale can save me as much as 50% on filters and when I order them all I always have them on hand at home. I also keep lots of oil at home and this way I don't have to make trips to the parts store to do oil changes. This is great because I can do maintenance on Sundays (the lords day to fix everything that broke durring the week).

tsanders

Wix filters are very good!! They are the same as NAPA gold filters and I just use the NAPA filters. Every year my local NAPA (who I have an account with) has what they call a farm filter sale and thats when I buy all my filters. The sale can save me as much as 50% on filters and when I order them all I always have them on hand at home. I also keep lots of oil at home and this way I don't have to make trips to the parts store to do oil changes. This is great because I can do maintenance on Sundays (the lords day to fix everything that broke durring the week).
when working as a mechanic at bakery we were told that filters of the saqme name and num ber were all built to different specs depending on what the retailer wanted. this was hard to believe until our dist. came over and cut open an ac filter that we had been buying before buying from safety cleen. to start with you can feel the difference in weight, then when he cut them open there was half the material in the safety clean as in the dist. filter. my boss imeadiatly called safety clean and told them to pick up their parts washer and their filters. these filters were ac 25 oil filters that looked identical and were packaged in the same boxes. i am allways cautious now when i see a bargain on filters such as wally world specials. i feel sure that as long as you buy from a dist. you are safe. filters are very important for engine and machine life to try and save money on. IMHO.