changing hydraulic fluid bobcat 335

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bingoo

when doing the 1000 hr hyd fluid change is it just the reservoir fluid that is changed or does the entire machine have to be drained . thks bingoo

Tazza

Staff member
If it's not contaminated, i can't see why you need to drain every drop, but you do want to get all you can.
Personally, i run my machine at idle and pump it out an aux fitting till it spits, shut down and re-fill. SOme don't like this idea as they feel the pumps run dry, but i feel there is always a film of oil in the pumps.
If you want to give it a good clean, do as listed above, add a jug of oil, run the machine around, lift/tilt/drive to get the new fluid around, then drain it again and re-fill. You don't get the lot, but it's a lot more than just draining the tank.
Remember, you have fluid in your cylinders, hoses, pumps and motors. It will not just drain out.

OP
OP
B

bingoo

If it's not contaminated, i can't see why you need to drain every drop, but you do want to get all you can.
Personally, i run my machine at idle and pump it out an aux fitting till it spits, shut down and re-fill. SOme don't like this idea as they feel the pumps run dry, but i feel there is always a film of oil in the pumps.
If you want to give it a good clean, do as listed above, add a jug of oil, run the machine around, lift/tilt/drive to get the new fluid around, then drain it again and re-fill. You don't get the lot, but it's a lot more than just draining the tank.
Remember, you have fluid in your cylinders, hoses, pumps and motors. It will not just drain out.
thks tazza , good advise , this machine has never run any attachments etc , so there is less risk of dirt . Appreciate the help . bingoo

melli

That sounds scary....lol I mean one will get a lot more oil out your way, but I'd be wholly worried about messing up the pump. I just do the manual way, just more often than the manual says. I've moved away from Bobcat oil, as they are too far away, and shipping costs are insane. So, I get ISO 46 from the local hardware store when on sale. $60 a bucket. Wondering if I should use ISO 32......haven't noticed any issues with 46.....

Tazza

Staff member
That sounds scary....lol I mean one will get a lot more oil out your way, but I'd be wholly worried about messing up the pump. I just do the manual way, just more often than the manual says. I've moved away from Bobcat oil, as they are too far away, and shipping costs are insane. So, I get ISO 46 from the local hardware store when on sale. $60 a bucket. Wondering if I should use ISO 32......haven't noticed any issues with 46.....
From what i was aware, 46 was pretty close to bobcat hydrostatic fluid. Bobcat just have extra additives in theirs. Not sure on how close 32 is.

Latest posts