Cat versus Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Quick poll of sorts. Would you guys lean towards getting a new bobcat t770 that's loaded over a 3 year old cat 299d with less than 30 hours that is the same price and is also loaded with basically the same features? I know there are a lot of variables but all in all is the cat such a superior machine that I should consider it? The cat was safe in storage for three years after being rented out for about 20 hours.

kroog

Some things to consider: 1. Does the CAT offer any type of Extended Warranty? 2. CAT will hold its value far better if you ever decide to sll 3. If the 299 is a C model, there is NO DPF nor DEf/regen systems to service saving you $$ over the long run. 4. Who will give you better service-the CAT dealer or Bobcat? Just some thoughts

Mikefromcny

Some things to consider: 1. Does the CAT offer any type of Extended Warranty? 2. CAT will hold its value far better if you ever decide to sll 3. If the 299 is a C model, there is NO DPF nor DEf/regen systems to service saving you $$ over the long run. 4. Who will give you better service-the CAT dealer or Bobcat? Just some thoughts
I love my bobcats, but the 299d is a good machine. It does have a dpf, but no def. Cat service in my area is bar none, makes the local bobcat dealer a joke as far as getting you almost anything next day. Not crazy about the C series, can't stand the joysticks in them. The 299D will have a kubota and not the perkins-cat motor. I did run a T770 a few years ago and liked it.

Tazza

Staff member
I love my bobcats, but the 299d is a good machine. It does have a dpf, but no def. Cat service in my area is bar none, makes the local bobcat dealer a joke as far as getting you almost anything next day. Not crazy about the C series, can't stand the joysticks in them. The 299D will have a kubota and not the perkins-cat motor. I did run a T770 a few years ago and liked it.
The bobcat would have factory warranty..... But i am unsure of how long their warranty period is.
The only concern i'd have with the Cat is that it only has 30 hours up, there could still be gremlins hiding in there that have not yet come out that would normally be repaired under warranty. Then again, it could run for 20 years trouble free.
As i have never run either machine, i can't tell you what one handles best.

kroog

The bobcat would have factory warranty..... But i am unsure of how long their warranty period is.
The only concern i'd have with the Cat is that it only has 30 hours up, there could still be gremlins hiding in there that have not yet come out that would normally be repaired under warranty. Then again, it could run for 20 years trouble free.
As i have never run either machine, i can't tell you what one handles best.
If you're concerned about the CAT, you could always purchase extended coverage for it.