CAT 931B TRACKED LOADER ENGINE REMOVAL

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

Does anyone on here have any experience pulling out the engine of a 931B? I've got the front, top & both sides torn down pretty much. I'm looking to see if the transmission has to be removed with it, because the bell-housing bolts look impossible to get to. I'm not looking to buy the repair manual, but I will if I can not figure this out soon. Any helpful experience based advise would be awesome.

SkidRoe

Just reading your post over on the heavy equipment forum - that is quite the little challenge you got going there!! No experience in pulling your engine and trans, but persistence does pay off!! Keep us updated on your progress.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

Just reading your post over on the heavy equipment forum - that is quite the little challenge you got going there!! No experience in pulling your engine and trans, but persistence does pay off!! Keep us updated on your progress.
Cheers - SR
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been stumped on this issue far longer than normal / since last July. I am wanting to get it operational, but it's not at my shop, which makes setting aside time to remove it even tougher. I would like to hear it run soon, I have the entire engine kit sitting on the shelf; just waiting for reassembly. I bought that loader in a "non-operational" condition. I am hoping that the engine (needing rebuild) & fuel tank (needing cleaning / rust removal) is all that she needs. I will definitely give everyone a few pictures as I get some more done to it. I've stalled out due to a minimal $7,500 of a crate / rebuilt engine. I think that 'sticks' quite a few when the repair goes sideways!! it sux sometimes.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been stumped on this issue far longer than normal / since last July. I am wanting to get it operational, but it's not at my shop, which makes setting aside time to remove it even tougher. I would like to hear it run soon, I have the entire engine kit sitting on the shelf; just waiting for reassembly. I bought that loader in a "non-operational" condition. I am hoping that the engine (needing rebuild) & fuel tank (needing cleaning / rust removal) is all that she needs. I will definitely give everyone a few pictures as I get some more done to it. I've stalled out due to a minimal $7,500 of a crate / rebuilt engine. I think that 'sticks' quite a few when the repair goes sideways!! it sux sometimes.
I wonder if you can modify it to fit a Kubota. 7.5k is a lot of money to put on an engine into a machine that you will want to sell.

SkidRoe

I wonder if you can modify it to fit a Kubota. 7.5k is a lot of money to put on an engine into a machine that you will want to sell.
I don't think Kubota engines that big are very popular. The stock engine is Cat 3204, displaces about 5.2 litre. The machine is 15,000 lbs.
There was a Perkins engine of similar displacement that was used in the MF 1085 tractor....
I think you would be best sticking with the Cat motor. It was used in a variety of machines: D3C, D4, etc.
Cheers - SR

Latest posts