Cat 246 won't start.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cam2

I parked it and the next day it won't do anything. The key turns on, everything beeps, but when I turn the key to ignition, nothing happens. I jumped the ignition at the main in the rear, and it fired up and ran great, but couldn't get it to come off of park. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Fishfiles

Have never really worked on the starting system of the 246 but I did stay in a Holiday Inn recently , fuses , relay , safety switch ,then wiring would be my order of pecking , test light and work from the solinoid on the starter back to the key switch , do you have rats in your area , they love eating wiring down here

OP
OP
C

Cam2

Have never really worked on the starting system of the 246 but I did stay in a Holiday Inn recently , fuses , relay , safety switch ,then wiring would be my order of pecking , test light and work from the solinoid on the starter back to the key switch , do you have rats in your area , they love eating wiring down here
Fishfiles, Thanks for responding. I do not have a rodent problem, that I know of, but it is certainly a possiblilty and something I'll look into. I ordered a manual for it.......but I suspect it to be something in regarding safety. I just have to figure out how many safety features this unit has and start from there. Or a relay, don't know. Thanks again....will update when I fix it.

OP
OP
C

Cam2

Fishfiles, Thanks for responding. I do not have a rodent problem, that I know of, but it is certainly a possiblilty and something I'll look into. I ordered a manual for it.......but I suspect it to be something in regarding safety. I just have to figure out how many safety features this unit has and start from there. Or a relay, don't know. Thanks again....will update when I fix it.
Well, it was the lapbar safety switch (0304-473 1 SENSOR,SWITCH,LAPBAR). Now, I have to order a new one. Thanks for your help. Chris

Latest posts