Case 1845C barely turns over 4.390

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

forklift1

I have a brand new starter, and new battery, cables ect. The engine barley turns over. I have FULL battery power to the starter, and starter solenoid. Is it possible the engine is hydro-locked somehow ? I checked engine oil, and I have NO coolant in it, I checked coolant, and I have NO oil in it. Could the Hydraulic pump have locked up or something ? I have put hours into trying to figure this one out. All my controls are in neutral, as well as my aux. controls. I ran it one day it started fine, put it away ( always stored in a heated building ), and now it will not turn over, thanks, L.K.

Tazza

Staff member
You say it barely turns over, does this mean it does turn over but slowly? or does it stop?
Can you get a bar and turn the engine over two revolutions by hand?
You also state you are getting full power at the starter, did you put a voltage meter at the starter while cranking? the voltage didn't dip to zero or close to that?

frogfarmer

You say it barely turns over, does this mean it does turn over but slowly? or does it stop?
Can you get a bar and turn the engine over two revolutions by hand?
You also state you are getting full power at the starter, did you put a voltage meter at the starter while cranking? the voltage didn't dip to zero or close to that?
Contacts in the starter solenoid can burn and cause the problem you state. You need to check for currrent draw as well as voltage drop at the starter and the batt. A bad ground connection due to corrosion or loose bolts can also be a problem. Double check your linkage and aux hyd as they are a common slow cranking speed problem. Starter itself may be dragging but current draw will show that.

trg753

My 1845C did this a few weeks ago and it turned out to be the in line fuse in the red wire in the engine compartment behind the seat. It had some corrosion in the fuse and after it was cleaned up and put back in, it worked great. Tom